Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
Finnie is generally one of the better L1 referees- today, at times he seemed to miss/ ignore a lot, and did appear to be influenced by a big, partisan crowd on occasion. That said- he wasn't to blame for a substandard Oxford performance!.... he didn't drop any gamechanging clangers.... an average 5 from me

Tried to let the game flow. Wish players would stop pretending to have ‘head injuries’

Fine for me.

I thought he was OK-ish. Looked a bit unsure at times, but made the right decision mostly. He should have intervened when GoD was clanged into the hoardings though, and didn't stop the the game when there was a clash of heads and plyers from both sides were down. Better than some but not the best we have had.

Tried to let the game flow. Wish players would stop pretending to have ‘head injuries’

Fine for me.
Got to pick you up on that. There were several episodes where players were injured, bleeding and even potentially concussed. Most of those were ignored by this very poor ref. If in doubt, stop the game find out, protect the well being of the players.

A referee could stab our goalkeeper in the eye with his whistle and some people would say he’s ‘fine’ I reckon!

Yes he didn’t get any ‘big’ decisions wrong, no contentious penalties or red cards, but he was generally inept.

Both sides have players down with clear head injuries. Ipswich are attacking our goal, looking dangerous. He plays on. Then, we get the ball back and spring a dangerous break… and he blows it up! How does that work exactly?!

O’Donkor is shoved into the advertising hoardings in a clear foul, and is hurt. Ref plays on… ignores him… madness. Missed a few other fouls on our players as well, and gave out yellow cards for some stuff when letting others which were just, just as bad go with a talking to, seemingly at random.

I didn’t agree with every decision he gave us either, and I don’t think the Ipswich manager was happy with him. A poor, inconsistent showing.

On the basis that no ref is ever perfect *and* we aren't exactly getting the cream of the crop down in L1 anyway, I think I have a less critical stance than some. As long as they get the major decisions right and don't get too many of the minor ones wrong while being equally inconsistent to both sides (!!) I can be reasonably happy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom