Votes: 1 2.5%

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
Made more than a few strange decisions, especially in the 2nd half. A bang on average 5 from me

I somehow missed the 'L1' bit in the thread/ poll title

I thought he was erratic with his decisions. Some real strange ones in the second half. A generous 4 from me as we won

Whereas I thought he had an excellent game. Gave an early yellow card which many/most refs seem to shirk, ensued throw-ins and free kicks were from correct place, let the game flow, was quick over the ground...and always in control.

It's a 1 from me.

Thought he was very poor, certainly in the 2nd half. I think the Cheltenham manager or one of the coaches must have had a word or 2 at half time, they were constantly on at the 4th official during the 1st half.

Can't believe some of the decisions he gave, some very soft fouls given for them constantly falling over, yet Alfie May get away with one on Marcus Browne and I think Billy Bodin was also lucky to get away with one in the 2nd half when he went in quite hard with his studs up.

There manager also should have been spoken to if not booked or sent to the stands, at one point during the 2nd half he was so frustrated by something he turned around, shouted something and walked over to there drinks, picked up one of the bottles that had a pink drink in and threw it on the floor.

When are refs going to clamp down on all the shirt pulling, pushing and shoving at corners? It seemed to be that it's worse than ever at the moment, it happens in both boxes and the refs always seem to give the foul to the defending team, there was certainly times yesterday where both teams had a handful of a players shirt and gave a free kick the other way.

Don't normally moan about the refs but that one last night was awful... although I will give him credit for one thing, playing the advantage in the build up to the first goal.

Whereas I thought he had an excellent game. Gave an early yellow card which many/most refs seem to shirk, ensued throw-ins and free kicks were from correct place, let the game flow, was quick over the ground...and always in control.
I thought he was good too. Yeah, made a couple of mistakes (the dive), but other than that seemed to have a good game. He could have pulled Goodrham up from stopping their players getting to Long which then gave Long more time to accidentally find Goodrham for the first goal!!

That goal came at the right time (just before half-time) and helped us settle a bit. The 2nd goal killed the game as Cheltenham basically rolled over at that stage, even though we played a lot better e.g. quicker, crisper passing with all players wanting the ball.

It's a 1 from me.

Thought he was very poor, certainly in the 2nd half. I think the Cheltenham manager or one of the coaches must have had a word or 2 at half time, they were constantly on at the 4th official during the 1st half.

Can't believe some of the decisions he gave, some very soft fouls given for them constantly falling over, yet Alfie May get away with one on Marcus Browne and I think Billy Bodin was also lucky to get away with one in the 2nd half when he went in quite hard with his studs up.

There manager also should have been spoken to if not booked or sent to the stands, at one point during the 2nd half he was so frustrated by something he turned around, shouted something and walked over to there drinks, picked up one of the bottles that had a pink drink in and threw it on the floor.

When are refs going to clamp down on all the shirt pulling, pushing and shoving at corners? It seemed to be that it's worse than ever at the moment, it happens in both boxes and the refs always seem to give the foul to the defending team, there was certainly times yesterday where both teams had a handful of a players shirt and gave a free kick the other way.

Don't normally moan about the refs but that one last night was awful... although I will give him credit for one thing, playing the advantage in the build up to the first goal.

I was watching on iFollow and on second viewing that Alfie May challenge on Browne didn't really look like a foul. Looked like Browne was trying to buy something to be honest and I couldn't see any contact.

Overall I thought the ref had a good game, certainly no worse than the average ref in this league.

I was watching on iFollow and on second viewing that Alfie May challenge on Browne didn't really look like a foul. Looked like Browne was trying to buy something to be honest and I couldn't see any contact.

Overall I thought the ref had a good game, certainly no worse than the average ref in this league.

There doesn't have to be contact. Would you have said May was in control of that challenge ? I wouldn't have.

I thought that

We won he was not great but not good either but we won so I will give him 4

From watching it on iFollow, I thought he was pretty good. Unlike the numpty last time he didn't make an incorrect match changing decision, he tried to play advantage and while he may have missed a few things and blown up for others that were a bit dubious - which ref does not! Better than average IMO. 7 (and I try not to let the final result influence the score!)

It’s a one from me. I thought there were many poor decisions, especially the tackle on Browne. Contact or not Browne’s progress was impeded. As last man it should have been a red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom