Have you filled out the survey yet?

Have you filled out the survey for the new stadium?

• Yes

Votes: 80 98.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
So, if there is no weighting put on someone's location, what is to stop FOSB or the Green Party getting loads of random yoghurt eating, sandal wearing, joss stick lighting, hippies and anti progress people from all over the UK to fill out the survey stating that they are against it?

I know that might seem extreme, but it's quite possible that these people network with other like minded organisations to stop any kind of progress. They could be very devious and even claim to be fans of OUFC, as none of it is provable.

The same could also apply to Swindon fans, but that would require them to have electricity, and are able to read and write, so I think we're safe on that one.
Oi. I'm well known to be a sandal-wearing vegan corbynista. And I don't reside in the county right now.
But I'm also OUFC through and through since the '50s, and am even quoted in 'The Boys From Up The Hill'.
Like Malc, I would not like my input disregarded just because of my current postcode.

If your in the group of two that hasn’t done it shame on you.

Unless they are fans of other clubs that are registered to this forum.

10-15 mins to complete ffs.

I don't have a huge issue with the survey requesting postcodes and whether or not people support Oxford United.

Imagine if instead of building a football stadium it was a theatre? Would anyone look to dismiss the views of those who claim to be thespians or lovers of musical theatre?

Equally imagine planners dismissing development of Bicester Village because 90% of those who shop their come from outside the county, and many from abroad?

Having thousands of Oxford United supporters engaging in the survey can only be a positive. It will clearly demonstrate the demand for this stadium, even if some of these supporters live many miles away and only go to one or two games a season, or never attend and listen through Radio Oxford etc.

There will be those that object no matter what this was. There are people who object to hospitals and schools. There are Tackley Steve's and environmental lobby groups all over the country. They achieve f**k all and deep down they know that.

But this is about ignoring them and showing the overwhelming support for the stadium regardless of where anyone is from.

The time it had taken to read this rubbish is enough to have completed the survey so there is absolutely no excuse for not having done it yet. But that's not enough. Share with your friends, your family, your colleagues, those who go to games with you, or the pub, or church, or whatever social links you have.

Share the survey on social media along with your reasons why you're supporting this. Share pictures of you at games, with your children or grandchildren, your parents, your families, your friends. Show how diverse our fan club is, how it crosses generations, genders, sexual orientation, disabilities and anything else that makes you individually unique but collectively amazing.

Still only 60 people have said they have completed the survey.
I’d hope for at least 100-150 people from this forum filling it out.

I'd hope for a lot more than that.

I honestly can't understand how anyone wouldn't complete this survey. I appreciate that some may want to attend some of the open events before commenting, but comment they must.

There are Tackley Steve's and environmental lobby groups all over the country. They achieve f**k all and deep down they know that.
Yeah, Tackley Steve has history for being on the wrong side of planning decisions...

1686641041622.png

me youngest son, and his non football supporting partner, have both done the survey

Still only 60 people have said they have completed the survey.
I’d hope for at least 100-150 people from this forum filling it out.
7 people since I posted this on Monday.

Don’t sit back and hope others do the work!! It takes 5 minutes to fill out.

7 people since I posted this on Monday.

Don’t sit back and hope others do the work!! It takes 5 minutes to fill out.
Out of interest, how many supporters come on here regularly ( and how many post?)
Whether they have answered a poll or not, I wouod think that the vast majority OM here have answered the poll.
The key thing us to try and get the 35k that went to Wembley to sign it.

How can we get this to the entire fan base and not just those on here and social media?

I presume the club are limited by the council on what they can do which is stopping them emailing all on the ticketing database?

Out of interest, how many supporters come on here regularly ( and how many post?)
Whether they have answered a poll or not, I wouod think that the vast majority OM here have answered the poll.
The key thing us to try and get the 35k that went to Wembley to sign it.
Yeah. This might be a time when the club consider sailing close to the wind on GDPR and emailing their entire contact list about the survey rather than just people opted into 'marketing'. That database is likely in the tens of thousands of folk who like the club but aren't regulars. Given the stakes even a fine and telling off from the regulator might be worth it.

Yeah. This might be a time when the club consider sailing close to the wind on GDPR and emailing their entire contact list about the survey rather than just people opted into 'marketing'. That database is likely in the tens of thousands of folk who like the club but aren't regulars. Given the stakes even a fine and telling off from the regulator might be worth it.
Considering the maximum fine under GDPR rules is £17Mill (or 4% of global turnover, whichever is the larger), it might not be...

Back
Top Bottom