Grenoble Road - New Parking Restrictions

They aren't charging for just parking -they aren't allowed to. They are able to issue penalty fines for staying beyond the allowed free time.
There is quite a problem with long-term parking there, so on the positive side we might see a few more spaces available on matchdays
wont there be Parking Eye ANPR on the entrance(s) to the bowlplex and breeze block ( including access to the overflow car park)? therefore anyone vehicle 'onsite' for more than 20 mins, and not registered/ signed in for 3 hours parking ( assuming the ANPR camera and sign in tablets work 100% , 100% of the time of course - IMO unlikely, Parking Eye have history of their sign ins and cameras not working properly) , wiii be subject to a sizable 'fine' demand, followed by all manner of threating letters from Parking Eye if its not settled in a short time frame

They, Parking Eye, are renowned for attempting to extort money from those who park on sites they manage

Sounds to me they are setting that up to start charging once we are gone
Or to have an impact the businesses who are currently there, so that they go out of business, meaning he could build more houses

Or to have an impact the businesses who are currently there, so that they go out of business, meaning he could build more houses

More and more houses, fewer recreational, leisure and community facilities .

Spot the difference between the wishes of Kassam and FOSB/KPC.

wont there be Parking Eye ANPR on the entrance(s) to the bowlplex and breeze block ( including access to the overflow car park)? therefore anyone vehicle 'onsite' for more than 20 mins, and not registered/ signed in for 3 hours parking ( assuming the ANPR camera and sign in tablets work 100% , 100% of the time of course - IMO unlikely, Parking Eye have history of their sign ins and cameras not working properly) , wiii be subject to a sizable 'fine' demand, followed by all manner of threating letters from Parking Eye if its not settled in a short time frame

They, Parking Eye, are renowned for attempting to extort money from those who park on sites they manage
And, do we have an assurance that the ParkingEye systems will be turned off or properly set to acknowledge, match day parking?
Knowing their reputation which, as @Sarge identified, is appalling, how many supporters will receive penalty notices? I bet that the on site concessions, We buy any car etc. are very concerned that their business will be affected.

Football club moves out, businesses decide to move out, Priory mysteriously catches fire, thats a lot of brownfield land for housing.

Does it charge you after 20 minutes or do you get the 3 hours 20 minutes free and then have to pay?

Having reread it you can’t actually stay longer than the 3 hours which is terrible for the businesses there, take your kids to the cinema and you won’t have time to go to Frankie and Bennies etc. what’s the point of that big car park if it’s that limited?
I don't think you're charged for extending. Think it'll be like some restaurants where you have to put in your reg or you get fined. See that system used quite regularly now.

Oh man, what I wouldn't give to see Kassam forced to reopen Littlemore Country Club.

And work there as a barman.
be even better if he was the glass collector

Firoka/Kassam are pathetic. They claim it’s to reduce abuse, over-stays and unwanted parking from people not using on site facilities, just another attempt to make unwanted money by the tax exile.

You can rest assured Kassam wants all buisness of Grenoble road

I'm not sure Kassam is gaining any monetary advantage here. Parking Eye don't work for free and their business model is to help the customer increase revenue by ensuring parking bays only have paying customers and the car park at the Kassam is and must remain free while we are in residence.

Perhaps he's looking at turning the stadium into a retail park rather than housing - I can see the sense in implementing it now, but to put it in and knock it all down in three years time?

Memory hazy as it was many years ago, but wasn't it a condition of the planning permission back in the 90s that there had to be free parking at the Stadium and the surrounding complex?

I'm not sure Kassam is gaining any monetary advantage here. Parking Eye don't work for free and their business model is to help the customer increase revenue by ensuring parking bays only have paying customers and the car park at the Kassam is and must remain free while we are in residence.

Perhaps he's looking at turning the stadium into a retail park rather than housing - I can see the sense in implementing it now, but to put it in and knock it all down in three years time?
Is there maybe a kick back to the owner of the car park?

Is there maybe a kick back to the owner of the car park?
You never know what Kassam wants something doesn’t sit right and in surprised either Oxfordshire County Council or Oxford City Council have allowed him to do that but sure whether he needs to get permission but I do think this is his way to try and drive the businesses out of the Ozone

the bloke is an absolute and utter greedywanker - hes totally going to fuckover visitors to the vue, bowlplex and other outlets there, all businesses he charges fairly substantial 'rent' too - no film or bowling game lasts 20 fuckingminutes -yet now he's shafting all the businesses on there. And absolutely ignoring disabled drivers lack of mobility as well

Perhaps now LRT coaches should now pick up from the closest P& R to the route they're taking to away games
Then you’re still paying to park! Possibly £8 to £12

Back
Top Bottom