Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

J Lo signs permanently for Beaconsfield Town

Sometimes i consider writing a short story based on Jefferson Louis about someone who makes a Faustian pact to become a pro footballer but the twist is he is unable to stop and so has to just sign for worse and worse clubs in a kind of lower league sisyphus thing

Sometimes i consider writing a short story based on Jefferson Louis about someone who makes a Faustian pact to become a pro footballer but the twist is he is unable to stop and so has to just sign for worse and worse clubs in a kind of lower league sisyphus thing
A short story?

Just listing all of the club's he has played for is going to be at least 100,000 words.

A short story?

Just listing all of the club's he has played for is going to be at least 100,000 words.
"based on" I think was the key part of that pitch. Otherwise you'll end up with a book so large even Steven King would think it "a bit wordy"

"based on" I think was the key part of that pitch. Otherwise you'll end up with a book so large even Steven King would think it "a bit wordy"
"...and finally, the the world of book publishing was sent into chaos this week, when it was announced that the UK had run out of ink. Unconfirmed reports indicate that the source of the ink drought was a small print run for a new book detailing the career of a lower league footballer..."

Still preferred Norman Sylla

Had a look at the Beaconsfield team and they already have 4 ex Oxford players in the squad

Ibby Sankoh
James Dobson
Sam Togwell
Josh Payne

Had a look at the Beaconsfield team and they already have 4 ex Oxford players in the squad

Ibby Sankoh
James Dobson
Sam Togwell
Josh Payne

I had to look up Sam Togwell as I was wondering when he was on loan with us. Want to feel old? It was 19 years ago in 2004! 😨

A PL players Twitter account brought my attention to Gary Twigg again. This end of the season match in the top flight is quite astonishing when you see the two ex-U’s who came on to play and even more so when you see that one of them scored.

I had to look up Sam Togwell as I was wondering when he was on loan with us. Want to feel old? It was 19 years ago in 2004! 😨

A PL players Twitter account brought my attention to Gary Twigg again. This end of the season match in the top flight is quite astonishing when you see the two ex-U’s who came on to play and even more so when you see that one of them scored.

I've got one of Marvs shirts

We tried to sign Jody Craddock earlier in his career when at Cambridge iirc.

For someone who seemed to have so much raw potential, his career certainly isn’t going how I thought it would.

Meh, I don't think Shodipo was all that special.

He was small and a little lightweight; quick but not lightning fast; tricky but not terrifying; his crossing and final ball wasn't great; and whilst his finishing was occasionally superb for us.....it hasn't been anywhere else he's played because he scored 80% of his career goals in that one season here!

Kind of reminded me of a Manny Omoyinmi.....destined to be a very solid lower league player, but not much more than that.

former U's skipper Adam Murray has been sacked by AFC Fylde after losing 3-0 to Oxford city

Back
Top Bottom