General Ex-Manager Thread

Wandering Yellow

Seeing as we have an ex-player thread, thought it may be of interest to have an ex-manager thread.

Liam Manning - Bristol City

KR
- Salford City

Micheal Appleton - Charlton Athletic manager

Pep Clotet
- Unemployed (Last job Torpedo Moscow)

Chris Wilder
- Sheffield United

Gary Waddock - Assistant manager at Walsall FC

Darren Patterson
- No idea, seemingly moved on from the football industry.

Ramon Diaz - Manager of Vasco De Game, after leaving Al-Hilal

Graham Rix - Manager of Fareham Town FC in the Wessex League Premier Division

Ian Atkins - Scout for Wolverhampton Wanderers

Brian Talbot
- Assistant Director of Football Operations at Fulham

If any of this is wrong I will of course update the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pep Clotet and Brescia thing is just odd....

...sacked on 21 December 2022. On 16 January 2023, however, Clotet was reinstated as head coach with immediate effect, only to be dismissed once again less than a month later, on 6 February, after he failed to improve the team results. (from Wikipedia)

...sacked on 21 December 2022. On 16 January 2023, however, Clotet was reinstated as head coach with immediate effect, only to be dismissed once again less than a month later, on 6 February, after he failed to improve the team results. (from Wikipedia)
Yet another thing I find odd about the Pep Clotet thing is he hasn't had one successful job, not from my scour on Wikipedia anyway, yet manages to secure relatively high-profile jobs. He did a bad job with us and managed to move up a division to manage Birmingham - how is that happening?

Surely it can't be because his name is Pep?!

Yet another thing I find odd about the Pep Clotet thing is he hasn't had one successful job, not from my scour on Wikipedia anyway, yet manages to secure relatively high-profile jobs. He did a bad job with us and managed to move up a division to manage Birmingham - how is that happening?

Tbf, he kept Birmingham in the Championship when they were imploding financially.

I reckon what he does is he signs all of his paperwork off with pep and people think it's the good pep until clothead turns up

I actually think about this regularly. On paper and in practice he's a totally s**t manager. I just don't get it, when the industry is so competitive this clown is still getting work!?

Brian Talbot is Assistant Director of Football Operations at Fulham I believe

Darren Patterson is a very odd one. Did a pretty decent job as caretaker at Rotherham,then disappeared!

He’s so bad that sacking him just the once seems inadequate.

Can we reinstate KR just so we can immediately sack him again?

Aah I mentioned his name goddammit… 😞

Darren Patterson is a very odd one. Did a pretty decent job as caretaker at Rotherham,then disappeared!
I believe he went to Bristol Rovers and was a academy coach but has since gone into the wilderness.

A fair few ex players are now coaching/managers:

Andy Crosby is no 2 at Port Vale
Dean Whitehead 1st team coach at Cardiff
Wayne Hatswell no 2 at Wasall
Scott Davies player manager at Slough
Andy Whing manager of Banbury
Lee Bradbury manager of Eastleigh
Chris Allen manager of North Leigh
Darren Purse u21 manager at Cardiff
Mike Ford manager of Evesham

Tbf, he kept Birmingham in the Championship when they were imploding financially.
He got sacked before the end of that season though?

Very surprising he's gone over to Russia now, especially considering the invasion of Ukraine.

He got sacked before the end of that season though?

Very surprising he's gone over to Russia now, especially considering the invasion of Ukraine.
Talking of Russia, they played Iran the other day in a ‘friendly’ and then played Iraq on Sunday!

Talking of Russia, they played Iran the other day in a ‘friendly’ and then played Iraq on Sunday!

Perhaps the moment when the game against the Korea DPR will take place is not far off

Back
Top Bottom