League One EFL Teams of the Season

Even if I take my Yellow tinted spectacles off, I think Brannagan can count himself very unlucky not to be in there. If you look at the player ratings sites, he is pretty much unanimously either the highest rated player in the league, or at least in the top 5/10.

Even if I take my Yellow tinted spectacles off, I think Brannagan can count himself very unlucky not to be in there. If you look at the player ratings sites, he is pretty much unanimously either the highest rated player in the league, or at least in the top 5/10.
I agree, think he is probably unlucky but then again, Sheehan and Pack both been consistently good and they occupy those two central positions.

I agree, think he is probably unlucky but then again, Sheehan and Pack both been consistently good and they occupy those two central positions.

I'm a massive fan of Marlon Pack - and have been since he was head and shoulders the best player in League Two for Cheltenham more than a decade ago.

But he has three goals this season, and fewer assists than Cam as well.

Feels like they wanted to pick more Pompey players because they're going to win the league and should have heavy representation in the Team of the Year.
(although, in that case, why not Colby Bishop, who has more goals and more assists than Jamie Reid!)

I'm a massive fan of Marlon Pack - and have been since he was head and shoulders the best player in League Two for Cheltenham more than a decade ago.

But he has three goals this season, and fewer assists than Cam as well.

Feels like they wanted to pick more Pompey players because they're going to win the league and should have heavy representation in the Team of the Year.
(although, in that case, why not Colby Bishop, who has more goals and more assists than Jamie Reid!)
I don't necessarily disagree but there is wider contribution to look at other than just attacking stats and isn't this based on votes from fellow pros?

Last edited:
I don't necessarily disagree but there is wider contribution to look at other than just attacking stats and isn't this based on votes from fellow pros?
Which explains why JMac hasn’t even made the League One team of the week

Biggest shock is only 2 Wrexham players in the league 2 team of the year. The way the media have gone on about them since Saturday (and all season) you would expect at least another 9 of their players to be in it.

Biggest shock is only 2 Wrexham players in the league 2 team of the year. The way the media have gone on about them since Saturday (and all season) you would expect at least another 9 of their players to be in it.

Avoiding the Wrexham media circus next season would be an added bonus if we can get in the play offs and get promoted.

Avoiding the Wrexham media circus next season would be an added bonus if we can get in the play offs and get promoted.
I do feel sorry for Stockport who have won the league but it’s been all about Wrexham winning promotion!
Stockport going up to league 1 after being in the national league north just 5 years ago is a bigger story!

If we don’t go up then I will absolutely love it if we get 6 points over Wrexham next season so I can have a good laugh at the locals in the pub!

I do feel sorry for Stockport who have won the league but it’s been all about Wrexham winning promotion!
Stockport going up to league 1 after being in the national league north just 5 years ago is a bigger story!

If we don’t go up then I will absolutely love it if we get 6 points over Wrexham next season so I can have a good laugh at the locals in the pub!
I don’t think Stockport have won the league yet - they’ve just guaranteed promotion. Wrexham could yet be champions.

I don’t think Stockport have won the league yet - they’ve just guaranteed promotion. Wrexham could yet be champions.
They need 3 points out of their next 3 games to win the league so I’d say they are pretty much guaranteed the title.

My only complaint is that the season isn't over so why decide now?
Can't disagree with that! Although those players have been incredibly consistent, there is still the business end of the season to come before those votes were cast.

I think it is hard to judge because we don't see every team/payer on a regular enough basis. Therefore, I think you are very reliant on the data and numbers.

Take the Sheehan v Brannagan debate for example. Bolton fans are adamant that he ahs been a class above this season, however without watching him week in week out and seeing some of the intangible things he does, it is very hard to comment. If you look at the number Brannagan has had a better season.

I think it is hard to judge because we don't see every team/payer on a regular enough basis. Therefore, I think you are very reliant on the data and numbers.

Take the Sheehan v Brannagan debate for example. Bolton fans are adamant that he ahs been a class above this season, however without watching him week in week out and seeing some of the intangible things he does, it is very hard to comment. If you look at the number Brannagan has had a better season.
I think we are certainly reliant on watching two performances, perhaps more if there are Sky games, reading reports and then looking at data but I believe that these teams are selected, from a shortlist by the players in the division in question.

I'm not advocating Sheehan or Pack over Brannagan but just saying it's a lot more than simply looking at goals and assists - it might even come down to certain players voting for mates or against someone because they don't like them. I think they are also looking at the make-up of the potential team.

I'm assuming you were looking at wider data than goals and assists when saying that Brannagan has had a better season, or was it just that?

*liam kelly flashbacks begin*

Back
Top Bottom