EFL EFL Playoffs

I've drank in 4 different pubs when I've been to Barnsley, all near to the ground and had no issues getting in at all.

Well the last time I went there, was when we got thrashed first game of the season, and Samir Curruthers got motm. We lost 4-0, and not a local pub near the ground would let us in.

Barnsley is a dreadful place to go, all up and down hills to get to the ground, all nearby watering holes, are home fans only.

Having said that, Sheff Wed going up would make the league slightly weaker. Even though we’ve very nearly beaten them on all four occasions we’ve met since they dropped down to Lge 1.
Spent the other Sunday at Elsecar, just outside Barnsley. Lovely old mining community, plenty of good pubs, great Heritage Centre. Next time if you fancy a trip to Barnsley, book overnight at the Market Tavern (£65 room only) then travel into the game from there. Treat yourself.

If this game goes to penalties today, will it be the first time all four playoff finals have been decided that way, I’m including the National Lge as well.

I’m sure there is an anorak in here that will know.

Not a good advert for league 2 football
I heard someone comment on talksport the other day about the play offs never being a great game of football as the only thing that matters is the result. They mentioned nerves will always kick in naturally so the games rarely flow.

I heard someone comment on talksport the other day about the play offs never being a great game of football as the only thing that matters is the result. They mentioned nerves will always kick in naturally so the games rarely flow.

That Sunderland and Charlton playoff final is best one in recent memory. 4-4 and Charlton won on pens.

I say recent memory, but that was at the old Wembley. Best playoff final I’ve ever watched.

Probably a good result for us. I’m sure Barnsley will be strong next season but Wednesday are always going to be around the automatic positions.

Sheffield Wednesday score with last kick of the game.

Makes the league a little weaker now they’ve gone up.

I won't miss hearing Barry bloody Bannans name every 5 seconds when anyone talks about league one!

Never liked the love child of Robin Cook and Janette Krankie and his sour little face!!

(And no, I'm not jealous!!!)
He was a brilliant player at this level though. I did enjoy watching him but pleased that he will be playing in the Championship ( where he deserves to play)

Feels like football is resetting a little bit now.

Ipswich and Wednesday back to the championship, Wigan, Reading, Blackpool and Carlisle back to league 1. Morecambe, MK, FGR and Accrington back to league 2.

Back
Top Bottom