International News Covid-19 .....

As above pretty much everyone I`ve spoken too stayed bunkered down and really didn`t want to "Kill the Grandparents" or they worked within the guidance.

Those who behaved differently should learn that actions have consequences.

The Government didn`t force anyone to have a family gathering and most sensible folk didn`t.

The flipside is if the Government "Cancel Christmas" they get the crap headlines and the selfish folk just carry on....
Yep they put popularity ahead of lives. So corporate manslaughter it is then.

As above pretty much everyone I`ve spoken too stayed bunkered down and really didn`t want to "Kill the Grandparents" or they worked within the guidance.

Those who behaved differently should learn that actions have consequences.

The Government didn`t force anyone to have a family gathering and most sensible folk didn`t.

The flipside is if the Government "Cancel Christmas" they get the crap headlines and the selfish folk just carry on....

If a government isn’t willing to make a few unpopular decisions it’s not really fit to be a government is it?

Are you suggesting every decision made by the government thus far has been popular 🤣🤣

No, but it takes about a month for them to make it, by which time the damage is done and we are playing catch up.

Johnson was the wrong man for this situation, he might of been fine for more normal times but not these.

Yep they put popularity ahead of lives. So corporate manslaughter it is then.

Unfortunately .......

Schedule 1 lists the government bodies to which the offence applies. It includes the major departments of central government such as the Department of Health, Department for Education, DEFRA, Ministry of Defence and the Home Office, as well as the Welsh Government.

Section 11(1) and Schedule 1 of the Act provide that specified government bodies can be prosecuted for Corporate Manslaughter.
The statute provides an exception to the general rule that a crown body cannot be prosecuted for a criminal offence (see section 40 of the Crown Proceedings Act 1947).

So you won`t get your impeachment show trial....

If a government isn’t willing to make a few unpopular decisions it’s not really fit to be a government is it?

The difficulty is that they use popular decisions to deflect from the unpopular ones slipping under the radar.

Have a look at the powers they now have under the Coronavirus Act 2020 it is very broad and very lacking in civil liberties and nobody batted an eyelid.

No, but it takes about a month for them to make it, by which time the damage is done and we are playing catch up.

Johnson was the wrong man for this situation, he might of been fine for more normal times but not these.

I do agree with you on that.

So who would you have had in charge
Of a pandemic a global one of which many countries are suffering 2nd and third waves. Remember this is a new virus that only in the last month has a vaccine become available, and we can’t forget all these people who know better which is more or less in hindsight.

All those people who knew better.
In Vietnam.
In Thailand
In New Zealand.

johnson locked down too late. Opened too soon. Supported Cummings when he publicly showed contempt for the advice

Like many of you, I am a product of the JR. Now residing in Singapore.
It cuts me up regarding the situation in the UK. When I speak & hear comments with family & friends in Oxford & London.
I get the usual mix bag; Brooks & OX uni students are the carriers, it's just another flu type, yeah I wear my mask in the supermarket, just lower your mask when talking, the first lock down we could handle, but this, yeah we went away after lockdown as we deserved our summer holiday, pity about Christmas, not to worry am adamant about the vaccine.......

From one island to another, please step it up 👍
All of the above.

I live in Spain and have only just this afternoon viewed a live stream from Clapham (YouTube) where our freedom/Covid deniers/anti mask brigade were out in force. No time for these idiots. We still have it pretty bad here after locking down hard around the 15th ish of March but wearing a mask as from day One has been mandatory. And the rules have been strictly enforced. Yep, there are some idiots here as well. But the acceptance of the situation and the rules we all have to stick to and the acknowledgement as to the seriousness of it seems to be respected here in Spain. I cannot believe my eyes when I see the lack of mask wearing in the UK and the loop holes in the rules which have allowed Covid to claim some horrific statistics. But the numbers are not a surprise sadly.

Stay safe all.

So who would you have had in charge
Of a pandemic a global one of which many countries are suffering 2nd and third waves. Remember this is a new virus that only in the last month has a vaccine become available, and we can’t forget all these people who know better which is more or less in hindsight.

Jeremy Corbyn, he was already unpopular so he wouldn’t of had to worry about that.

To name a few politicians/leaders that I’d have probably preferred instead of Boris and his army of incompetent yes men/women:

David Cameron
Theresa May
Tony Blair
Ed Miliband
Jeremy Corbyn
Paddy Ashdown
Nick Clegg
Vince Cable
Caroline Lucas
Sir Oink a Lot
The Flying Brick

To be honest I’m struggling to think of anyone that I’d least like to have in charge of us during a global pandemic than Boris “following f@ck all science” Johnson.

All of the above.

I live in Spain and have only just this afternoon viewed a live stream from Clapham (YouTube) where our freedom/Covid deniers/anti mask brigade were out in force. No time for these idiots. We still have it pretty bad here after locking down hard around the 15th ish of March but wearing a mask as from day One has been mandatory. And the rules have been strictly enforced. Yep, there are some idiots here as well. But the acceptance of the situation and the rules we all have to stick to and the acknowledgement as to the seriousness of it seems to be respected here in Spain. I cannot believe my eyes when I see the lack of mask wearing in the UK and the loop holes in the rules which have allowed Covid to claim some horrific statistics. But the numbers are not a surprise sadly.

Stay safe all.
Do you have a link?

Back
Top Bottom