International News Covid-19 .....

I had to explain to my son why Boris Johnson said it was perfectly safe to go into school on Sunday, and then on the Monday said that all schools were to close. My wife told me "Because he's a d.ick" is not a suitable answer to give to a 7 year old.

Anything else and he'll know your lying 🀣

I had to explain to my son why Boris Johnson said it was perfectly safe to go into school on Sunday, and then on the Monday said that all schools were to close. My wife told me "Because he's a d.ick" is not a suitable answer to give to a 7 year old.
My 9 year old just laughed and shook his head - I think that's an appropriate reaction.

Now I see Olympic chiefs want athletes to be prioritised on having vaccines so the Olympics can go ahead. FFS you couldn’t make it up

Now I see Olympic chiefs want athletes to be prioritised on having vaccines so the Olympics can go ahead. FFS you couldn’t make it up
Hopefully the Olympic chiefs will get told the athletes need to wait in line like everyone else. I heard in Poland some celebs and politicians have been jumping the queue - all dressed up to promote 'Look I'm getting a vaccine, and you should get one too!".

Everyone (and I mean everyone) should take their appropriate place in the queue otherwise it will be pandemonium.

Also, they don't NEED a vaccine for it to go ahead. Champions League, Test Matches and other elite sports have managed to go ahead in bio-secure environments.

Last edited:
I see your mistake; it is safe to go into school on Sunday because no one else will be there. That’s what he meant....

Rolling numbers......

51646 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 51,103 (increase 633).
23479 (increase of 274) were within the Leicester City Council area.
28167 (increase of 359) cases were reported in the County.

UHL reported 16 death's. The death's occurred on the following day's, 26th December (1), 27th December (2), 28th December (3), 29th December (6), 30th December (2), 31st December (1) and 2nd January (1).

Total number of UHL death's now stands at 786.

Todays grim stat`s.

52412 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 51,646 (increase 766).
23786 (increase of 307) were within the Leicester City Council area.
28626 (increase of 459) cases were reported in the County.

UHL reported 7 death's.

The death's occurred on the following day's, 13th December (1), 22nd December (1) and 30th December (5).

Total number of UHL death's now stands at 793.

Had the big cheese telecon today. We are sat on the edge of a precipice at the moment.
We have more, younger folk (30s/40s) coming in.
The older patients in ITU are surviving, but need to stay in ITU (or die) and some of the youngsters aren`t responding to steroid treatments and deteriorating and will potentially need ITU (or die) but the ITU beds are full.
Some very tired, very stressed folk on the call.
I hope this lockdown works but judging from the traffic etc it`s not changed much locally since Tier 4.

Stay well, stay safe.

Todays grim stat`s.

52412 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 51,646 (increase 766).
23786 (increase of 307) were within the Leicester City Council area.
28626 (increase of 459) cases were reported in the County.

UHL reported 7 death's.

The death's occurred on the following day's, 13th December (1), 22nd December (1) and 30th December (5).

Total number of UHL death's now stands at 793.

Had the big cheese telecon today. We are sat on the edge of a precipice at the moment.
We have more, younger folk (30s/40s) coming in.
The older patients in ITU are surviving, but need to stay in ITU (or die) and some of the youngsters aren`t responding to steroid treatments and deteriorating and will potentially need ITU (or die) but the ITU beds are full.
Some very tired, very stressed folk on the call.
I hope this lockdown works but judging from the traffic etc it`s not changed much locally since Tier 4.

Stay well, stay safe.
Traffic where I am up North has not changed at all, which is a shame.

Matt Hancock facing the Parliamentary Health Committee, was asked:
"What is the plan if a variant comes along that is immune to the vaccine?"

His answer, somewhat worryingly:
" if you have a vaccine platform, and you only need to make small adjustments to it, then it should not need to start the regulatory process all over again. If you have a Range Rover, and change the wing mirror. That does not mean you have a new car. It is still a Range Rover"

" if you have a vaccine platform, and you only need to make small adjustments to it, then it should not need to start the regulatory process all over again. If you have a Range Rover, and change the wing mirror. That does not mean you have a new car. It is still a Range Rover"

He`s actually right.
As the vaccine is based on an adenovirus the ability to switch the spike protein is akin to replacing a wing mirror.
In turn that means the vaccine can be as adaptable as the virus which itself only makes small changes to multiply.
Fascinating watching mans intellect & tech trying to take on Nature, however there will always be a note of caution that Nature is rarely beaten.

Head of the regulatory process answered this the other day on radio 5. Answer, if there’s a need to tweek the vaccine to accommodate a variant then the regulatory process will depend on the size of the tweek .

Back
Top Bottom