Away Match Day Thread 9/11/22 L1: Shrewsbury Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about that. His ‘roll on 2023’ comment, I assume, meant that he just wants to get this year out of the way and then start afresh armed with a war best in the January transfer window. Nothing that I’ve seen or heard indicates to me that his position is even being discussed. He looks totally knackered and pissed off though.

January will be interesting. Will he hold his hand up to the mistakes he’s made in the Summer and try and offload some of his acquisitions? Will they need to be paid off? People like Jones, Smyth and even Baldock will be offloaded I think.

Other than Baldock retiring how are we offloading him? Paying up his contract is as expensive as keeping him and no one will take him off us.

Other than Baldock retiring how are we offloading him? Paying up his contract is as expensive as keeping him and no one will take him off us.
It’s going to be an expensive window in lots of ways. A lot of the summers poor dealings ar going to cost us. But it seems the board are probably still seeing it as a less expensive option than to fire KR unfortunately

I wondered that too. I wish we could go for Paul Mullin of Wrexham. He’s getting plenty of goals and we need to get someone like if we are serious about moving up. Although Eastwood had a better game last night we really need someone who would take the pressure off the defenders.
Oxford are getting better results away from home and picking up points again. Port Vale will be a gauge of where we are on Saturday. Win there and scrape through against Woking on Tuesday night will certainly look like a turning point after the season we’ve had so far

I wondered that too. I wish we could go for Paul Mullin of Wrexham. He’s getting plenty of goals and we need to get someone like if we are serious about moving up. Although Eastwood had a better game last night we really need someone who would take the pressure off the defenders.
Oxford are getting better results away from home and picking up points again. Port Vale will be a gauge of where we are on Saturday. Win there and scrape through against Woking on Tuesday night will certainly look like a turning point after the season we’ve had so far
Just to note- we are at home on Saturday and the Woking game is on Wednesday evening to save any unnecessary journeys 😂

I wish we could go for Paul Mullin of Wrexham. He’s getting plenty of goals and we need to get someone like if we are serious about moving up
Paul Mullin dropped down two leagues for a reason = money. He's probably on more money (est £5k p/w) than all of our players. It's also been suggested that he turned down interest from a Championship side before going to non-league. We definitely need an EFL established striker but chances of landing anyone decent now are minimal - this is something that Robbo had to have done in the summer.

And yet, this was the abuse I took for suggesting his injury may be worse than we assumed after the pre-season friendly game:

View attachment 10744
You really think that was abuse???

And yet you have saved the message, and brought it back up over three months later. I stand by what I said about you being negative, but I'll add to it and say you're an attention seeking drama queen.

This place was better when you were on your self imposed exile.

Baldock and Winnall should’ve been two of the best EFL established strikers we could’ve got.

I don’t think Karl is an idiot, he is just egotistical and takes big risks in the hope that they make him look like a genius. Joseph has provided us with a few rare bits of joy this season, young talent is what we need.

We definitely need an EFL established striker but chances of landing anyone decent now are minimal - this is something that Robbo had to have done in the summer.

Paul Mullin dropped down two leagues for a reason = money. He's probably on more money (est £5k p/w) than all of our players. It's also been suggested that he turned down interest from a Championship side before going to non-league. We definitely need an EFL established striker but chances of landing anyone decent now are minimal - this is something that Robbo had to have done in the summer.

If he is on 5k a week then he isn't on more than 2 or 3 of our players.

You really think that was abuse???

And yet you have saved the message, and brought it back up over three months later. I stand by what I said about you being negative, but I'll add to it and say you're an attention seeking drama queen.

This place was better when you were on your self imposed exile.
You absolutely hammered me for my opinions before the season started, and on Yanic's injury, both of which have proven to be entirely accurate.

If there is reason to be positive I'll be positive, and reason to be negative I'll be negative.

I wouldn't worry about that - I won't let you bully me off the forum again. Especially when there is no forum rule that you have an obligation to be positive when watching the football we are serving up and I was correct about how this season would pan out.

I have to say I agree with this and have been saying the same for a while. I just can't see any other logical reason why he's still in charge. KR looks absolutely shot. Totally knackered. And there's quite a seething air of hostility about him in interviews now. To be honest it must be hell for him and everyone around him. Why the hell Ferguson and/or Williams haven't put him and everyone else out of their misery yet is totally baffling. I'm so disappointed so far with this so called Bright new dawn.. They both seem to just be hiding behind the parapet and leaving KR to it. Same s**t, different regime
The ideal from a purely financial point of view is that he resigns.

You absolutely hammered me for my opinions before the season started, and on Yanic's injury, both of which have proven to be entirely accurate.

If there is reason to be positive I'll be positive, and reason to be negative I'll be negative.

I wouldn't worry about that - I won't let you bully me off the forum again. Especially when there is no forum rule that you have an obligation to be positive when watching the football we are serving up and I was correct about how this season would pan out.
Absolutely hammered you???!!! Bullied you off of the forum???!!!

You really are a delicate flower aren't you, if that's what you think.

So you turned out to be right about Yanic's injury being long term, but that's not the issue for me, and you didn't know that at the time. It's the fact that you are now celebrating being right, and have returned to the forum to say as much. Yes, the season so far is s**t. I'm not enjoying it, nor are many others, but I don't feel the need to mention it EVERY SINGLE TIME I POST. And I don't revel in it the way you do.

I'm no happy clapper, but you bring nothing to this forum other than mindless negativity. That, coupled with your attention seeking, makes you a very boring poster.

Absolutely hammered you???!!! Bullied you off of the forum???!!!

You really are a delicate flower aren't you, if that's what you think.

So you turned out to be right about Yanic's injury being long term, but that's not the issue for me, and you didn't know that at the time. It's the fact that you are now celebrating being right, and have returned to the forum to say as much. Yes, the season so far is s**t. I'm not enjoying it, nor are many others, but I don't feel the need to mention it EVERY SINGLE TIME I POST. And I don't revel in it the way you do.

I'm no happy clapper, but you bring nothing to this forum other than mindless negativity. That, coupled with your attention seeking, makes you a very boring poster.
You did absolutely hammer me.

I'm not "celebrating being right." I think it's a big issue for us that it was predictable that this season was going to be nothing but disappointment before it even started. Especially when you factor in our very competitive budget this season. It's not a question of "revelling" in being right, it's a question of how fans could predict this season was going nowhere this season but the board and KR couldn't.

When it comes to your belief I am mindlessly negative, that is an objectively incorrect view. Firstly, the negativity isn't mindless as it is based on objectively poor performances. If it was mindless I would be negative even if we were top of the league. Secondly, not that you are going to go through all of my posts, but I was not negative for a long time after joining this forum, only after I could see the direction we are heading in.

Maybe I am delicate. I'm certainly not expecting an apology even though you hammered me for an opinion that proved correct on both counts.

There's this opinion held by a small minority on here that "KR outers" are just negative ungrateful idiots. But whether you think that or not, they just want what they think is best for Oxford United. We ALL want to be in a position where Oxford United are good to watch again, challenging for promotions and playing entertaining football.

Yeah that’s fair. They’re successful business people and I’m sure have looked at it from all angles. Reality is that it’ll cost to get rid and a new man would want x, y and z in January which will likely cost too. It’s highly highly unlikely there’ll be any sort of return on that this year, other than maybe some slightly better attendances.

So maybe they’re just being pragmatic and thinking we can do what we need to do in January. If we have another bad window, we can get rid in March and still be well set for next season with more cash in the bank.

That just is’nt good enough and could be and considering how the last two windows worked very expensive. It would also make people wonder what the true aim of the board are.
We’re not in contention this season for promotion the best we can hope for is a couple of decent players in January who are prepared to come in to an unbalanced side and keep us up.
But he has to go and go now

Board not willing to do so for whatever reason best known to them - I want the same as you but we are going to be disappointed
And they know there are fans who will show the disapproval in ST sales next season and possibly the day trippers we have who roll up on a Saturday and buy their ticket?

The ideal from a purely financial point of view is that he resigns.
The board have more money than most in the EFL if they want success it’s going to cost them, and they should start now and get rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom