Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Sub: Fleming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sub: Smith

• Sub: Smyth

• Total voters
He looked iffy to me. Plays a long, long way out of his box and looks an accident waiting to happen. Probably a good enough keeper but looks like he's been watching a bit too much PL/CL football and takes the 'good with his feet' tag a bit too far for a lower league keeper. He did one nice side step past Joseph but there were a fair few occasions where Joseph charged him down or was very close to nicking the ball. Worth a look maybe, no one really knows what LM's idea of a keeper is, who was his keeper at MK ?

This was his keeper at Dongs:

Are you forgetting MK?

We win Saturday and will have 47 points.
MK win both theirs and they will have 49.
Cambridge win their three and will be on 49.

The most Morecambe and Accrington could get is now 47, but our GD would keep us above them both.

So on Saturday if we win, and either of MK or Cambridge fail to win, then we are safe.
Cambridge play Accrington so both clubs can’t get maximum points from all their games.

Interestingly 'Nams keeper last night, Luke Southwood is actually an Oxford lad ( on Readings books, on loan to Nam)

heard a whisper that (most of) his family members are Oxford United fans, and they were in an executive box at last nights match

must've been mixed emotions of sorts for them
I thought the flack he got yesterday was a bit unfair given that he was clearly helping us out whenever he could!
At one point he even held up four fingers for us when we asked him the score.

He looked iffy to me. Plays a long, long way out of his box and looks an accident waiting to happen. Probably a good enough keeper but looks like he's been watching a bit too much PL/CL football and takes the 'good with his feet' tag a bit too far for a lower league keeper. He did one nice side step past Joseph but there were a fair few occasions where Joseph charged him down or was very close to nicking the ball. Worth a look maybe, no one really knows what LM's idea of a keeper is, who was his keeper at MK ?
He's had a pretty good season apart from that. I thought he was ok tbh- and made one great save from (I think?) Bodin. Well rated and definitely decent L1 standard. He's out of contract with Reading in the summer. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he's on LM's keeper radar.

A few thoughts on last night:

1. For the first 15 minutes we put in a great deal of effort but didn’t create many clear cut chances.
2. Once we’d scored, the effort was backed up by attacking intent.
3. No Oxford player had a bad game.
4. Murphy and Browne gave the most exciting performances by Oxford players this season.
5. How was the Cheltenham player not sent off for the second half tackle on Browne? Why didn’t the referee even give a free kick? Why didn’t the linesman flag for a foul?
6. The referee was atrocious all game.
7. Alfie who?
8. Thoroughly enjoyable match, especially the second half.
9. Thank you Liam Manning.
10. The M5 was shut again but I was still smiling when I arrived home at 12.30am.

I think some are getting a bit carried away with last night in all honesty. It was a good performance and a much needed win, but it came against a poor side who were just coming off the back of a derby-day win. The first half was fairly even. The second goal, made by Murphy, killed the game off.

Talk of Browne/Joseph/Murphy scoring 40 goals is dreamland stuff, imo. If we do stay up, we still have a lot of work to do in the summer to correct the failures of the last 3 or 4 windows.

We should win on Saturday, and I hope the players carry the confidence gained from last night's win into the match.
We came off the back of not winning for 17 games and looking like we couldnt score a 2 yard tap in. Some of our players are good enough they just need some more help and not to have a chaotic manager in charge of them.

Interestingly 'Nams keeper last night, Luke Southwood is actually an Oxford lad ( on Readings books, on loan to Nam)

heard a whisper that (most of) his family members are Oxford United fans, and they were in an executive box at last nights match

must've been mixed emotions of sorts for them
So thats why he helped us out with a few slow passes out from the back to defenders under pressure.

I know Easty was relatively quiet yesterday, but given how solid he has looked recently and how much more confident he is in not hesitating to "just f*cking hoof it", I'm increasingly convinced he was singlehandedly trying to get KR fired and has returned to the keeper he used to be. Not the long term answer, but the faith in him and vice versa seems to be restored and that's permeating through the defence. I think McGinty will be the answer longer term, and I like him as a keeper even if he is young with a lot to learn, but Easty deserves some praise.

He's had a pretty good season apart from that. I thought he was ok tbh- and made one great save from (I think?) Bodin. Well rated and definitely decent L1 standard. He's out of contract with Reading in the summer. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he's on LM's keeper radar.

Are you thinking of the save from Fleming when he cut in from the right in the box?

Apparently Karl Robinson was covering the matches on Sky last night. Did anyone catch anything that was said during the night that didn't go to the game?
He was mainly commenting on PL games so said little about us or our situation
Very full of himself and jovial with the other guys on the panel, especially Clinton Morrison
Can't stand the guy but I suppose plenty will fall for his insincere BS

Cambridge play Accrington so both clubs can’t get maximum points from all their games.

I know. But it doesn't affect what was said in that it's possible a win for us on Saturday won't be a guarantee us staying up.

A few thoughts on last night:

1. For the first 15 minutes we put in a great deal of effort but didn’t create many clear cut chances.
2. Once we’d scored, the effort was backed up by attacking intent.
3. No Oxford player had a bad game.
4. Murphy and Browne gave the most exciting performances by Oxford players this season.
5. How was the Cheltenham player not sent off for the second half tackle on Browne? Why didn’t the referee even give a free kick? Why didn’t the linesman flag for a foul?
6. The referee was atrocious all game.
7. Alfie who?
8. Thoroughly enjoyable match, especially the second half.
9. Thank you Liam Manning.
10. The M5 was shut again but I was still smiling when I arrived home at 12.30am.
The A43 was shut again but I was still smiling when I arrived home at 11.45pm.
Fortunately, I was driving faster than they could put those b******* road cones/bollards out on M40 & on A46 round Warwick/Coventry

Are you thinking of the save from Fleming when he cut in from the right in the box?
Yes. Very decent save. He's kept around 12 clean sheets this season in a pretty average team. Just got in the NI squad (mind you, so did Paul Kee!). I thought he looked pretty good tbh.

Back
Top Bottom