Away Match Day Thread 5/8/23 L1: Cambridge United v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1-3 win.
Harris
Browne
Brannigan (pen)

Not been this up for the first game of the season for quite a few years. Exciting squad this season and hopefully a couple more to come in. Getting up there early tomorrow to hit the pub.

Feeling a clean sheet and 2, possibly 3, on the board for the new look mighty U’s

We Go Again 🙂

COYY’s

How’s the pitch holding up, I wonder?
Pretty wet over here in Gloucestershire!

REF WATCH

FUla0dTUcAAaYXN

Middlesex based official Sunny Singh Gill is today’s match referee at the Abbey Stadium. Gill was appointed to the National List in the summer of 2022.
Last season he refereed 31 matches issuing 121 yellow cards and three reds.

He was in charge on October 18th 2022 for the EFL Trophy match at Gander Green Lane where Sutton United defeated the U’s 2-0.

His last appearance at the Abbey Stadium was the 0-0 draw with Plymouth Argyle last December.

Whereas last season we had eight games at the start of the season that we should have won most (and we know what actually happened), this season we play, I think, three of the likely top five teams in the first five games (Derby, Barnsley, and Charlton). Hopefully, get off to a good start today, but after last season, cautious optimism! Anything more than nine points after the Charlton game will be a good return. 🤞

Pretty sure by the beginning of September we will have a reasonable idea where we are in the pecking order. Safe travels all of who are going today and come on Oxford!

Last edited:
Happy new season yellows!

Cautiously optimistic about this season, can't wait to see how Manning's team can do over 46 games with a refreshed, fit, and complete squad.

COYY

Whereas last season we had eight games at the start of the season that we should have won most (and we know what actually happened), this season we play, I think, three of the likely top five teams in the first five games (Derby, Barnsley, and Charlton). Hopefully, get off to a good start today, but after last season, cautious optimism! Anything more than nine points after the Charlton game will be a good return. 🤞

Pretty sure by the beginning of September we will have a reasonable idea where we are in the pecking order. Safe travels all of who are going today and come on Oxford!

I wouldn’t have thought so, after only 5 games.

REF WATCH

FUla0dTUcAAaYXN

Middlesex based official Sunny Singh Gill is today’s match referee at the Abbey Stadium. Gill was appointed to the National List in the summer of 2022.
Last season he refereed 31 matches issuing 121 yellow cards and three reds.

He was in charge on October 18th 2022 for the EFL Trophy match at Gander Green Lane where Sutton United defeated the U’s 2-0.

His last appearance at the Abbey Stadium was the 0-0 draw with Plymouth Argyle last December.
Hope he has a good game. In fact I don’t want to even notice him. No offence, but good referees should control the game not get involved in it.

Interesting reading back on Paul’s fans view the last time we visited Cambridge: https://www.rageonline.co.uk/fans-view-22-23-no-38-cambridge-away/

Being a football fan (glory hunters aside) is always going to be about the ups and downs of your club, but that was an exceptionally dysfunctional period in all the five decades (well into my sixth), that I’ve supported OUFC. Let’s hope we never have to suffer anything close to that ever again.

MATCH DAY!!

Been like a kid at Christmas waiting for today!

After the last few seasons going into the first game so unsure about the crock filled, imbalanced squads that had been assembled, it’s nice to be going into the first game with so much confidence in what we have and optimism for the coming season.

Well done to Liam, the recruitment team and the board for getting us back on track👏👏👏

Here’s to a successful season ahead, starting with a win today!

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!

Back
Top Bottom