Away Match Day Thread 5/8/23 L1: Cambridge United v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m hoping that the playing surface at The Abbey Stadium has improved in recent years, but with this weather are we set for another ‘Phil Whelan’ scenario…? 😳

I’m absolutely buzzing for this one. Really excited. I haven’t seen any of the pre-season games so I can’t wait to watch how the new look team performs, get my first proper sight of players like RR and JMcE…

Heart says 3-0 Oxford and head says 1-1 (Mark Rawle)

Road closure A421 between Buckingham and Mk for those driving be aware for water repair works. Drive safe .
To add to this, just go a bit further round the Buckingham ring road and use the A422 then the A5 dual carriageway to MK. The through the villages diversion can clog up sometimes.

Last edited:
I’m hoping that the playing surface at The Abbey Stadium has improved in recent years, but with this weather are we set for another ‘Phil Whelan’ scenario…? 😳
**Shudder**

I remember that too well, the car broke down on the M11 on the way home too.

COYY!

Any win will do today let's just start the season on a positive foot for a change as for the weather well it's s**t which I think might help Cambridge more than us anyway COYY

💙💙🙂

feeling good about today's start to the season
fancy a 1-3 away win

going to try n keep in touch with happenings via rad ox while Im at Oddballs rally

The weather could be a spelbreker.
Can we play our beautiful football on a flooded pitch?

The weather could be a spelbreker.
Can we play our beautiful football on a flooded pitch?

The amount of rain coming down is nothing compared to that Ipswich home game a few years ago. Surely it won't be that flooded.

Couldn't feel any more different going into this season than last season!

Bring home the points today and give the fans there a great day!
CHIM CHIMENEY...

I’m so confident about the result that my biggest concern is the game being called off!

My son and I went to Cambridge many moons ago (early 90’s?). Arrived at a pub for lunch before the game. Went in and my heart sank when I saw it was empty. The game had been called off half an hour earlier! 😢

Back
Top Bottom