• SUB: Wildschut

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: Bodin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nobody

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The REALITY bus passengers might want to have a chat with the bookies if things are so hopeless.

Bet on Cheltenham and FGR to beat Oxford and you'll get 25/1 as a double.

Think we'll draw both? Then you'll still get 13/1. How about draw against Cheltenham and beat FGR which some think is the best we can hope for? You'll get 11/2 for that.

Or you can step on board the Positive bus where your driver is confident enough of two wins to lump on at under 2/1. Strange to think that the bookies would get this so wrong when some of you can see nothing but despair?!
But the positive bus seems to be driven by a certain Mr Kassam who’s taking us on a journey. But this bus seems to have majorly gone well off route from the predicted great Summer Transfer Window, into the depths of promotion/play offs, led by a manager who’s great for the club whilst caring about the players welfare/mental health well-being.

I wonder what the bookies odds were at the start of the season!!

IF we stay up.

But we have a lot of very poor players and injury prone crocks, on very high wages, and contracted for at least another season.

Nobody is gonna want them, as none of them will be prepared to take a pay cut, and will happily stay with us, and sit around on big wages, and let's face it, they do f**k all anyway, they're either constantly injured, unfit, or lazy bastards who can't be bothered, or are simply not good enough, but they're contracted to us, and they're on big bucks, so unless we pay them off, they'll be going nowhere, because no sane club will want them.

There's also FFP to consider, as regardless of how rich our owners are, we won't be able to simply go out and buy a whole new squad in the summer, which let's face it, we need, as 95% of this squad are simply awful and need replacing, but that's gonna be a process that will take time, it won't be a quick summer fix, and we will have to operate within the constraints of FFP, we won't just be able to go gung-ho in the summer, not when you consider the money we are already spending on wages for the current crop of shite contracted in our squad.

Look, there's obviously still hope that we somehow manage to stay up, and for a positive outcome regarding the stadium situation, but we're a shambles at the moment, and we're stuck with a lot of deadwood, on huge wages, who should never have been here in the first place, and for that reason alone, whatever happens, the board have a lot to answer for, as they've let a clown have way too much power, and just sat by and watched, while he turned things into a complete circus.

It's a f*****g mess, and anyone who thinks otherwise, is deluded.
Was just wondering who youd think we had to get rid of though. Murphy and Wildschut? Baldock could retire and must be on a low wage and also Gorrin is out of contract. Obviously there are others who we might not want but wouldnt one hundred per cent need to pay off straight away.

I wonder what the bookies odds were at the start of the season!!

That's irrelevant. It's the here and now that matters and the bookies agree with me that we're favourites to win both matches this week.

Baldock could retire
Why?

I'll add that I'm not going to start naming players that I think aren't worth wages, but you've missed at least two senior professionals that I don't think we will get any value from next year.

Why?

I'll add that I'm not going to start naming players that I think aren't worth wages, but you've missed at least two senior professionals that I don't think we will get any value from next year.
Well he’s supposed to be on a low wage that’s easy to pay off if he doesn’t retire but surely he knows he can’t play anymore after basically not playing for over a season and at the age he is now?

Well he’s supposed to be on a low wage that’s easy to pay off if he doesn’t retire but surely he knows he can’t play anymore after basically not playing for over a season and at the age he is now?
So he can be paid a low wage to not play or he can be paid no wage to not play?

Where does that pay off money come from, if not the playing budget?

Not that much of a new team with 20 players under contract for next season
I mean, we really should be running with a squad of at least 23 players, so there’s 3 new signings right there, and 25 wouldn’t be unreasonable so 5 new signings which is half a new team?

I mean, we really should be running with a squad of at least 23 players, so there’s 3 new signings right there, and 25 wouldn’t be unreasonable so 5 new signings which is half a new team?
Assuming none of them flop, that's still a majority of this team returning to every starting XI as a mathematical certainty (appreciating that its a simplistic take on things).

Assuming none of them flop, that's still a majority of this team returning to every starting XI as a mathematical certainty (appreciating that its a simplistic take on things).
True, but I wouldn’t have a problem with the likes of Brown, Moore, McGuane, Brannagan and Browne being in the starting XI. I agree we’re not in a perfect situation but it’s not a disaster.

True, but I wouldn’t have a problem with the likes of Brown, Moore, McGuane, Brannagan and Browne being in the starting XI. I agree we’re not in a perfect situation but it’s not a disaster.
The squad this season has proven itself to be so awful that we need at least ten new players this summer. If we only signed four or five and even one of them can’t play every single game, we’re drifting back towards the same starting lineup that might still relegate us this season.

We’re really bad.

We have problems in defence, midfield and attack, we can’t score, we really struggle to keep clean sheets and we make winning games look harder than landing on Mars, if you sign 5 players and 1 gets a long term injury and 1 just doesn’t work out then that’s a lot of heavy lifting for the 3 that do.

But if we can’t offload any of the deadwood then it’s hard to see the owners wanting to pay off all those players so we could be stuck with a squad not massively different, could well be a long season.

Unless im missing something we have 14 over 21 players for next season as it is, with the ones out of contract not included. So plenty of room for players if FFP or whatever it is can be avoided. So thats 8 over 21 players available plus any under 21s you want.

Back
Top Bottom