Away Match Build Up 22/04/2023 L1: Barnsley v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing I'm clinging onto is that there's not that much at stake for Barnsley. They won't get an automatic promotion spot and almost certainly won't finish lower than 4th. Half an eye on the playoffs at this point ..... I don't think we'll win it but could see us getting a point.

The U’s at Oakwell

In October 1990 and August 2018.

CIQNfWjUcAESqKL

Djwqrx0W4AE2e64

The U’s at Oakwell

In October 1990 and August 2018.

CIQNfWjUcAESqKL

Djwqrx0W4AE2e64

I was at that 1990 game I think*, that one we ended up watching the bowls behind the terrace and we gave them a surprise when cheering some of the shots. For sure I saw the dullest 0-0 draw there so we ended up watching the local league game behind as it was more entertaining. Also saw the 1-0 win with Andy Melville scoring.

*Could have mixed it up with another rubbish performance and defeat though.

Michael Duff says we will play like a top-10 team.
Let's hope someone tells our manager and players.

Michael Duff says we will play like a top-10 team.
Let's hope someone tells our manager and players.
As long as it's not a top 10 team in the local pub league.

I was at that 1990 game I think*, that one we ended up watching the bowls behind the terrace and we gave them a surprise when cheering some of the shots. For sure I saw the dullest 0-0 draw there so we ended up watching the local league game behind as it was more entertaining. Also saw the 1-0 win with Andy Melville scoring.

*Could have mixed it up with another rubbish performance and defeat though.

I saw a 1-0 defeat at Oakwell in 1992 - David ‘red hot’ Currie with the late winner.

Lost there 1-0 at the end of 1988-89 too. Andy Melville got the winner early on in the game in 1992-93.

I was there in 1993 for the 1-0. We were still in danger that season, but the win at Oakwell just about saw us safe.

I was there in 1993 for the 1-0. We were still in danger that season, but the win at Oakwell just about saw us safe.
I'm pretty sure I was at that game. I have vivid memories of us cascading down the terrace when we scored but in reality there were so few of us that I actually just fell over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom