Current Player #21 Ed McGinty

I couldn't make it to last night's game. But sounds like he was much better. Anyone who was there, was that because he's improving, or because the opponents were from the NL? Or a bit of both? Any signs that he'll be challenging Eastwood sooner rather than later?

Maybe he is starting to settle after moving to Oxford.

Wasn't there, but did watch via streaming.....

.....and he was much better last night. Didn't make any crazy decisions off his line, dealt with a couple of crosses well and made one cracking save late on to secure the win.
Wouldn't blame him for the goal - it was a great strike through a crowd. Would more blame the defense (mostly Findlay) for not clearing the initial ball in when it was entirely uncontested.

There was just one weak punch second half after a ball got deflected up in the air and came down in the six yard box that was a little, well, odd. It didn't create any danger, and I can understand not wanting to risk trying to catch a high ball in those weather conditions, but I think most professional keepers just tip that one behind and move on.

So he's still not the finished article but is getting a little calmer. If we end up mired in midtable mediocrity, then it would be good to give him a long first team run.

Ed McGinty - how tall is he?

FvDFNFEWYAEnd2U

1m 91 cm or 2 Liam Kellys… maybe 1 1/2 that other bloke

Come on Sligo
Dundalk wearing their turd kit blue and grey, thats what she said.
Looks like Wycombe colours to me

Really like the fact Dundalk have 2 keepers on the bench of 9.
Involving their young keeper in match squads

Was involved at the rep Ireland training camp by all accounts

Looking at that James Talbot of Bohemians pulled out

Talbot starting for Bohemians tonight
Cracking first 20 minutes between them and Shelbourne so far

Sligo v Derry for me tonight
Some decent youngsters out there in Mceneff,Orielly, Graydon, Boyce for Derry
Morahan, Fitzgerald, Hartmann, Mata for Sligo
Maher best keeper in Ireland and McNicholas for who’d be a very good keeper, once he cuts out the errors.
Ditto is the word

Oh dear, that's probably lost him an inch of height - he must only be about 5ft 10 now.

Back
Top Bottom