Current Player #21 Ed McGinty

Lots of comments around Twitter calling him the best keeper in the league, at 22 for a relatively small outlay I think that's very smart business.

Answers on a postcard for the keeper who starts against Derby!
Eastwood will start at Derby -to be replaced by McGinty in very short time.
Looks like a cracking signing.

Surely if we were to immediately loan him out, we would have signed him and allow him stay with Sligo in Champions League

I reckon Stevens will go out on loan for this season to regain his mojo after his illnesses of last season, but out of the league one spotlight.

We can then see where we are ongoing with all three keepers next summer

Brilliant, hopefully that will stick a rocket up Stevens and Eastwoods arses. (not literally, I hope!!)

Good Luck Ed, really looking forward to seeing your play. You must be some player!

A better signing than Findlay in my opinion. He's an extremely versatile player, I just hope he can adapt well to our culture.
Seems like a great signing, but when you say he is extremely versatile, what do you mean? I'm pretty sure he can only play in a goal! Plus I'm pretty sure coming here from Scotland and then Ireland will not exactly be a culture shock for him, admittedly when we play Rovers away he will pass Swindon on the way and that's not easy for anyone ! I'm prepared for a Whoosh on this!

Seems like a great signing, but when you say he is extremely versatile, what do you mean? I'm pretty sure he can only play in a goal! Plus I'm pretty sure coming here from Scotland and then Ireland will not exactly be a culture shock for him, admittedly when we play Rovers away, he will pass Swindon on the way and that's not easy for anyone ! I'm prepared for a Whoosh on this!
Yes he should already know the language and be familiar with beer, that's mainly it isn't it?

What a f*****g signing that is. That’s the best bit of business we are likely to do in this window.

What potential this lad has. The next two pieces of the jigsaw must be LB and RB, because right now we are incredibly weak there. Followed by a winger and striker, and depending on who they are could determine where we finish this season.

What a f*****g signing that is. That’s the best bit of business we are likely to do in this window.

What potential this lad has. The next two pieces of the jigsaw must be LB and RB, because right now we are incredibly weak there. Followed by a winger and striker, and depending on who they are could determine where we finish this season.

Mods, someone has hacked this account!

It's a hell of an ask for him to come straight into the side at Derby away, in front of a 30k crowd. I wouldn't be surprised to Eastwood start that one, although we do put a lot of faith in our young players. Stevens should be loaned out. I think having the experience of Eastwood to come into the side could be really beneficial for us this season. Having both McGinty and Stevens is a bit of a risk, considering how poor Stevens was last season.

We can then look to ease McGinty into the side after some cup games maybe.

Or maybe just throw him in if he feels he can handle it. Glad I'm not a Manager!

Paul Reece can do it so why can’t McGinty! 😎

All we need now is a goat to feed. I wonder? πŸ€”

Got to be a chant in there somewhere! Welcome Ed, fits the model hope we get to see him soon but I can't see KR potentially destroying his confidence if he isn't ready & plays vs Derby so we will see.

Mcginty is here to play, so 1 of the keepers must be leaving. Wonder if we have received a bid for stevens.

Back
Top Bottom