Current Player #21 Ed McGinty

I think big Ed / Father Ted Mcginty was just trying a bit too hard to impress in that first half, leading to mistakes. Settled down in the second half and delighted he saved that pen. I expect him to be Christmas number one.

I think big Ed / Father Ted Mcginty was just trying a bit too hard to impress in that first half, leading to mistakes. Settled down in the second half and delighted he saved that pen. I expect him to be Christmas number one.

Perhaps, but he'll probably need it to be a collaboration with Ed Sheeran rather than a solo venture. Maybe a charity single? Or he could go on X Factor or whatever the equivalent is today - used to as good as guarantee top spot that.

Maybe Fairytale of New York 2022 with him replacing Shane Macgowan? Stuart Findlay as Kirsty MacColl?

1660302786264.png

🎶"I could have been No.1"
"Well so could anyone"🎶
etc etc

Thought we looked much better second half when Taylor played deeper. Joseph looks a handful and I was surprised by Spasov, I thought he looked decent. Robinson was inches from making two of the most inspired substitutions imaginable had Spasov managed to follow Goodrhams heroics a couple of weeks ago.

Thought we looked much better second half when Taylor played deeper. Joseph looks a handful and I was surprised by Spasov, I thought he looked decent. Robinson was inches from making two of the most inspired substitutions imaginable had Spasov managed to follow Goodrhams heroics a couple of weeks ago.
Spasov really should have scored

If he can keep the score down on Tuesday, he will certainly be giving Robinson a decision...

He will presumably play on Tuesday and it is up to him
If he is very good on Tuesday he can get into the league team.
if McGinty can keep a clean sheet, ( big if), against a PL side on tues eve, that really should give KR something to think about

He’s a bit madcap but in a funny sort of way I like him. Pulled a lot of his kicks and there’s no doubt he will make a proper ricket or two along the way but I also think he’s one of those that will make a lot of unorthodox saves. He got down well to a few drilled shots from range too.

There is a lot of work to do with McGinty before he’s ready to start league 1 matches (especially if those games are 6 pointers in the coming months!).

His rash yellow card is the second game in a row that such a clanger has been made, he lacked the ability to hit the ball cleanly when sweeping up on a number of occasions and he also flapped at more crosses/corners than he actually gathered.

On that performance he looked like exactly what he’s come from, a part time league of Ireland GK. it’s not his fault but he needs a some time to adapt and improve. Good job we have Wayne Brown at he wheel in that department 🤡.

Eastwood for me on Saturday and for the foreseeable, seeing as Robinson has not addressed the 1st team GK issue this summer.

There is a lot of work to do with McGinty before he’s ready to start league 1 matches (especially if those games are 6 pointers in the coming months!).

His rash yellow card is the second game in a row that such a clanger has been made, he lacked the ability to hit the ball cleanly when sweeping up on a number of occasions and he also flapped at more crosses/corners than he actually gathered.

On that performance he looked like exactly what he’s come from, a part time league of Ireland GK. it’s not his fault but he needs a some time to adapt and improve. Good job we have Wayne Brown at he wheel in that department 🤡.

Eastwood for me on Saturday and for the foreseeable, seeing as Robinson has not addressed the 1st team GK issue this summer.

The last 3 league one games we've come up against 3 really decent keepers all with different strengths, Eastwood and Mcginty aren't on the same level unfortunately.

He will presumably play on Tuesday and it is up to him
If he is very good on Tuesday he can get into the league team.
Well if anything he proved that he isn't ready
The early booking after an ill timed dash out of his area ( similar to the Swansea game) was a bit reckless, and his distribution was poor .

I’d like to see McGinty start a league game. He’s been thrown in against higher class opposition.

Perhaps next Tuesdays game against Lorient will be a fairer test.

Well if anything he proved that he isn't ready
The early booking after an ill timed dash out of his area ( similar to the Swansea game) was a bit reckless, and his distribution was poor .

He’d have been sent off too if he hadn’t got the ball before the man

I couldn't make it to last night's game. But sounds like he was much better. Anyone who was there, was that because he's improving, or because the opponents were from the NL? Or a bit of both? Any signs that he'll be challenging Eastwood sooner rather than later?

Back
Top Bottom