General 2023/24 - Kit Launch

I've never understood long waits for shirt releases. It doesn't 'build anticipation' or excitement, it just p*sses most people off and raises people's expectations of what it should be, and therefore disappointment when it isn't deemed worth the wait.

It also doesn't make sense. Most kit manufacturer deals are done for a period (eg, 2 or 3 years). This means you have literally an entire year to design and produce the kits from the point the last one is released. When you consider most kits these days are templates with a tiny bit of club personalisation, it doesn't make sense that it would take so long to produce them.

Always just seems like P**s-poor planning.

I've never understood long waits for shirt releases. It doesn't 'build anticipation' or excitement, it just p*sses most people off and raises people's expectations of what it should be, and therefore disappointment when it isn't deemed worth the wait.

It also doesn't make sense. Most kit manufacturer deals are done for a period (eg, 2 or 3 years). This means you have literally an entire year to design and produce the kits from the point the last one is released. When you consider most kits these days are templates with a tiny bit of club personalisation, it doesn't make sense that it would take so long to produce them.

Always just seems like P**s-poor planning.
We've experienced this for about 3 years straight now. Missing out on valuable summer revenue too - some clubs already have 3 kits and a full merchandise changeover in place and we're still offloading dead stock from last season and no word of any shirt releases.

do we have the same kit sponsor this year? I’m sure in past not getting that sorted has caused a delay in kit release
Yes. 2 year deal with BG.

Hope they actually print the full logo on the shirts this time around .

Here’s a thought; like with the season tickets, why doesn’t someone who cares when the new kit will be out ask the club what the score is with the new kit rather than moaning on here about ‘missed opportunities’ , ‘poor communication’ and ‘P**s poor planning’?
Just a thought.

Here’s a thought; like with the season tickets, why doesn’t someone who cares when the new kit will be out ask the club what the score is with the new kit rather than moaning on here about ‘missed opportunities’ , ‘poor communication’ and ‘P**s poor planning’?
Just a thought.
Exactly right. Some people will never be happy unless complaining

Just a thought.

"Here's a thought - why doesn't someone who cares about a sh*t player or what formation we play ask the club what the score is with the tactics rather than moaning on here about 'useless Winnall', '5-3-2' and 'p*ss poor recruitment'?"

I'll tell you why, because this is an open forum for everyone who supports this football club to debate and question all aspects of the club with the freedom to do so both anonymously (should they wish) and without having to directly engage with those employed by it - that is it's beauty.

If it all boils down to 'ask the club' then what the f**k are we all doing here???

"Here's a thought - why doesn't someone who cares about a sh*t player or what formation we play ask the club what the score is with the tactics rather than moaning on here about 'useless Winnall', '5-3-2' and 'p*ss poor recruitment'?"

I'll tell you why, because this is an open forum for everyone who supports this football club to debate and question all aspects of the club with the freedom to do so both anonymously (should they wish) and without having to directly engage with those employed by it - that is it's beauty.

If it all boils down to 'ask the club' then what the f**k are we all doing here???
Well there are some things we‘ll probably never get the answer to, maybe because there isn’t one answer, you know the ones, some you’ve mentioned, tactical changes, players playing out of position etc, all things that could have a hundred and one explanations as a game develops or a transfer window or season unfolds. Every opportunity on here to debate those that’s for sure, but for the things you can influence or can find the definitive answer to, those that tend to be black and white really, season tickets, kit release dates etc etc. I tend to try and find the answer rather than moan publicly about it.
But hey, we’re all different, some love to moan more than others and some get on and get things done.

Well there are some things we‘ll probably never get the answer to, maybe because there isn’t one answer, you know the ones, some you’ve mentioned, tactical changes, players playing out of position etc, all things that could have a hundred and one explanations as a game develops or a transfer window or season unfolds. Every opportunity on here to debate those that’s for sure, but for the things you can influence or can find the definitive answer to, those that tend to be black and white really, season tickets, kit release dates etc etc. I tend to try and find the answer rather than moan publicly about it.
But hey, we’re all different, some love to moan more than others and some get on and get things done.

I take your point, and agree to an extent.

However, the club are likely to say something bland like 'we're working with our partners' or 'there's a global shortage of materials' and 'we hope to have more detail soon' etc etc.

i.e. nothing of note, but the sort of bullsh*t that gets parroted on here by those purporting to be ITK.

This place exists to hold authority/power (the club) to account.
If that takes the form of incessant whinging then so be it.

Back
Top Bottom