Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Sub: Murphy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sub: Bate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be okay, lots of panicking on here, let’s give our new manager a chance.

I agree on 1 thing, this is by far our worst defence since 2006, the whole of our squad needs a major clear out/rebuild in the summer, btw CB should be playing just behind our cf whoever that is, he offers a lot going forward and is wasted.

COYY’s

It was an interesting decision to have Smyth playing in the advanced role instead of CB.

IMO, the roles being switched would have been better suited to us. Smyth playing as the deep lying centre midfielder and CB playing higher up.

I do think that we look our best when we get CB arriving late to the edge of the box.

It was an interesting decision to have Smyth playing in the advanced role instead of CB.

IMO, the roles being switched would have been better suited to us. Smyth playing as the deep lying centre midfielder and CB playing higher up.

I do think that we look our best when we get CB arriving late to the edge of the box.
CamBran is one of the few players of ours that when he lines up a shot you feel confident it's going to be decent. A real waste playing in front of the back 4 .

The way I see it we can get 7points from our last 3 games

Cheltenham h
FGR a
Accy h

which means we need another 4/5 points I reckon
Best bet to pick up points

Port Vale a
Pompey h
Bolton h
Think we can win one of these and draw two

Dont think we will get anything in the other three games SW, Barnsley, Peterborough and if we do it’s a bonus

So all is not lost………… yet

Cheltenham h
FGR a
Accy h

Port Vale a
Pompey h
Bolton h

Dont think we will get anything in the other three games SW, Barnsley, Peterborough and if we do it’s a bonus

I actually think we will win against Peterborough and get either a win or draw against Sheffield Wednesday we are abit of a bogey team for Sheffield Wednesday don't forget (we done the double last season and could/should have won against them this season)

Much better organised (although as others have said, not sure why Smyth was advanced rather than Brannagan or McGuane). But made you realise what a poor team and squad has been left by KR. I'm not so sure Manning will be able to keep this lot up. I can't see us getting more than three points out of the next 15. Hope I'm wrong.

Watching the game yesterday Cam got in so many tackles and broke up play very well.
Im not sure Smyth or Mc Guane do that so well and there is the massive problem Robinson has left us with

Give the guy a fcuking break.

Jesus.
WTF, he’s had 5 minutes and you’re criticising him.
I think people need to get a bit of perspective.

Manning has had less than a week working with this shambles of a squad, an incomplete squad of ageing players, injured players, injury prone players, crocks and inexperienced kids, a squad who are on an awful run of form, and whose confidence is shot to bits.

He wasn't going to be able to change things drastically in less than a week, but he has managed to at least get a draw out of them, which is more than the previous moron we had in charge was able to do, so it's a start.

He now has two weeks to work with the squad, to make the necessary changes, and try to implement his ideas, style of play and philosophy, and to get them ready for the run in.

He's got lot's of work to do, but lets give him a chance to actually get his teeth into it first, before getting on his back and slagging him off.
100% agree

Analysing the Shrimps late equaliser we had a throw in in the left back area where Joseph wins the first contact
then we lose two headers as the ball is knocked forwards. How did we then concede?

The Morecambe midfielder gets on the ball after running off the back of McGuane.

McGuane can’t track the run as then seizes up in pain with cramp as the ball is then passed out to Hunter. Long does not do enough to get a block in
and the ball is driven through his legs beyond Eastwood low into the near post area.

Cheltenham h
FGR a
Accy h

Port Vale a
Pompey h
Bolton h

I don't think we can expect to get 7 points from the last 3 games at all. We desperately need a couple of wins before those high pressure fixtures.

We will be okay, lots of panicking on here, let’s give our new manager a chance.

I agree on 1 thing, this is by far our worst defence since 2006, the whole of our squad needs a major clear out/rebuild in the summer, btw CB should be playing just behind our cf whoever that is, he offers a lot going forward and is wasted.

COYY’s
I didn’t understand why Manning didn’t put Smyth in the CDM role and push Brannagan/McGuane further forward. We also need another player at the top end of the triangle, and tricky play maker e.g. Goodrham or Bate (yes I know they’re small, but they’re the only players we have which I think are tricky/could open up the oppositions defence), with a big strong player up top. Again we’re limited here so would try Wildschut, bringing O’Donkor on etc. I also think we need outlets e.g. Anderson/Fleming.

I also don’t think we’ve got a squad to play other than 3-5-2, so I’d play, Long, Moore, Brown; Anderson, McGuane, Smyth, Brannagan, Fleming, then a mixture of either Goodrham, Smith, Bate, Bodin etc in between the opposition’s midfield/defence, with the likes of Wildschut/O’Donkor pushing on their last man/defender giving them a torrid time. This would allow the player playing in behind our top forward more space to support them, whilst also allowing our midfield (McGuane/Brannagan) a chance to get further forward too. So add to this the width of Anderson & Fleming and we’ve got a bit of pace too.

When we win the ball we’re all attackers, when we lose it we tuck in (narrow the pitch) and all defend. Strong spine.

All that without watching hours of videos!!

We’ve all got to keep believing…like Malcom Boyden (Radio Oxford presenter) ‘March to the Arch’

Cheltenham h
FGR a
Accy h

Port Vale a
Pompey h
Bolton h

When we get to our last three games there is every chance we will have won none or one game in our previous seventeen, it will take a huge leap of faith to believe these players will start winning when they are under that much pressure. Manning is going to have to find something, im not sure kicking, running and scrapping our way to results is within these players abilities.

I think the next two weeks are vital, Manning needs to find a way to get points before those games become that important.

When we get to our last three games there is every chance we will have won none or one game in our previous seventeen, it will take a huge leap of faith to believe these players will start winning when they are under that much pressure. Manning is going to have to find something, im not sure kicking, running and scrapping our way to results is within these players abilities.

I think the next two weeks are vital, Manning needs to find a way to get points before those games become that important.
I agree, we need to get something out of the Peterborough and Sheffield Wednesday games. So either a win from one of them or 2 draws.

Regardless of opponent you always have a chance in home games and we have 5 of them to go. We really need 9 points from those 5. We’ll lose at Barnsley and I think the Posh. So we need to win at one of Forest Green or Port Vale.

Regardless of opponent you always have a chance in home games and we have 5 of them to go. We really need 9 points from those 5. We’ll lose at Barnsley and I think the Posh. So we need to win at one of Forest Green or Port Vale.
I don’t see why we should fear Peterborough, though I agree we’ll lose to Barnsley. Vale won’t be able to play their loan striker and we should win there and at FGR.

I don’t see why we should fear Peterborough, though I agree we’ll lose to Barnsley. Vale won’t be able to play their loan striker and we should win there and at FGR.
Not suggesting we should fear them, but we won’t beat them. Posh have so many dangerous players that will be too good for our defenders… unless we fill the space. Defend like we did for morecambe’s goal and we’ll be punted in to next week. We’re going to need Eastwood to make saves as we’ll face more than one shot or two there. Can’t see it, myself.

Barnsley are probably the best side in the league right now when you look at their results and what they’re doing to teams around them.

Port vale were fine without Taylor so that’ll be a tricky game but much like Lincoln, we have to beat them. No good getting draws now - we’ve missed the opportunity for that to be OK.

As I’ve said before, Forest Green will be down by the time we play them. That game will be dangerous - they’ll be under no pressure.

My view is that LM did the right thing in not trying to change too much before this game - little things rather than sweeping formation changes the order of the day.

Now he has two weeks to implement any structural/ formation changes, get across where people should be, where each other should be, all of that stuff.

KR was unable to get that across to the players however many times he played the system - they normally just looked confused during those games - so to try to do it in three days was a risk probably not worth taking for this game, when he now has two weeks to do it properly before the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom