Away Match Day Thread 17/02/2024 L1: Wycombe Wanderers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank goodness Cumming turned up.

First 65 minutes were abject and we looked like a side devoid of idea.

Last 20/25 we looked more intent. If only we started with a bit of purpose!

Can anyone tell me what the game plan is yet? Iโ€™m still yet to see a clear style of play under Buckingham.

Decent point. I also voted for Negru but Brown & Cumming were excellent and the central defence looked solid for a change.

Brown and Cummings also both excellent.
Long really struggled again, and it looks like he is in for another torrid time on Tuesday against Northampton's left side of Brough and Pinnock.

Brilliant away point should we follow it up with a win Tuesday night.

Sam Long needs dropping asap.

Bodin made a real difference.

Isn't it a worry when our best players are Cumming ,Negru and Brown. But league everyone says draw away win at Home we are due a massive performance against Northampton.
It would be more of a worry if Cumming, Brown and Negru werenโ€™t our best players today as we would have probably lost.
The joke works either way.
You really are a bit of an idiot arenโ€™t you.

The joke works either way.

Dunno, you receive oral but give anal so not certain it does.

Plus not what we actually sang, I will admit its pedantry, but i would like it right in case everything else from our civilisation is lost but this forum, could matter.

I can't pretend I'm happy with that. I keep paying up to watch this Des team and am always left with the same question: what the hell is the plan?

Long diagonals, followed by hoofball, then we tried to get it down and play a bit in the second half.

I look at this team and I see a lot of good, league one standard players, being mismanaged.

Fans don't seem to know where they stand, a few boos followed up with Buckinghams Yellow Army!

Disappointing, the result isn't a disaster but the first half performance was nowhere near good enough for a team that has the players we do.

Someone ask Des what the plan is, because I have no idea.

Woe is us, Iโ€™ve more faith with the team and Des, after today with the play offs.
Bit more B*****s around the team.
A well earned point, maybe should have had a penalty.

Anyway up for the orient game then the relatives are playing common ground

Martha Ffion and Savage Mansion
Join us

Last edited:
Just checked in. Point a decent result, clean sheet good. Shame it sounds the performance was underwhelming.

Results elsewhere pretty much a perfect slate for us. Honestly, if we miss promotion this year, itโ€™s going to be so so frustrating. The league is just so (relatively) bad, the top teams so inconsistent.

Just checked in. Point a decent result, clean sheet good. Shame it sounds the performance was underwhelming.

Results elsewhere pretty much a perfect slate for us. Honestly, if we miss promotion this year, itโ€™s going to be so so frustrating. The league is just so (relatively) bad, the top teams so inconsistent.
There is not a cat in hells chance this team gets promoted.

We were diabolical in the first half and lucky to go in 0-0.

A turgid performance that was at best anaemic but often disorganised.

We did not look well prepared, or well coached. I don't think we should simply explain that away as 'one of those games' against a certain type of opposition. We never imposed ourselves on the game and that's not going to be good enough.

We look a very reactive side at times, reliant on moments and circumstances to fire ourselves up, or for the game to change tempo, rather than us controlling it.

Wycombe were more organised out of possession than we were, they pressed more effectively to get the ball back. If we'd done this as effectively, we would likely have won the game, because we have better players.

Our set pieces continue to be dross and there really is no excuse. The lack of an experienced and effective number two is not helping I'm sure, but performances must become more coherent if we are to make the play offs.

If Iโ€™m honest, I probably joined in with this chant in the early eighties. In my defence, I wouldโ€™ve been 12 or 13 at the time, which is around the level of intellect required to find it amusing.

If Iโ€™m honest, I probably joined in with this chant in the early eighties. In my defence, I wouldโ€™ve been 12 or 13 at the time, which is around the level of intellect required to find it amusing.
Yes and it was different times with the.crowd almost completely male. and no woke cancel police.
I only remember the chant from the time when the ladyโ€™s male colleague very deliberately winked at The London Road and to immense retrospective shame many fans roared their appreciation.

Back
Top Bottom