Away Match Day Thread 17/02/2024 L1: Wycombe Wanderers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Negru , Brown and Cumming had very good games and kept us in it at times.

The rest of the squad were for the majority of the game awful, I can't believe how bad the players first touch was it was like watching Sunday league players at times.

Wycombe let us off in the first half by not burying some great chances.

On to Tuesday where 3 points is a must and a better performance for the full 90 minutes.

Very bad today.. just stopped us from building any sort of threat

lets get an emphatic home win on tues night- put this match behind us , to be fair its generally a crap encounter against Wycombe

Cumming earnt his corn , both Negru and Brown were solid today - we got a clean sheet at least, shame we were firing blanks up front

C'mon Oxford.
We're not going to keep a clean sheet, so Attack, Attack Attack!

Well, I feared for the worst after seeing Moore absent, but we kept a clean sheet. due to some solid defending, great saves and frankly terrible finishing, so can't complain.
Negru MoTM for me, to come in and give that performance, superb.

Just don't play him at RB, similar to Brown at LB.

they fouled us every time we attacked in the second half- we should have had a clear-cut penalty (two offences)

Did they have to cancel the fireworks display or do they set them off if they take a point?

I can't believe how bad the players first touch was it was like watching Sunday league players at times.
I thought that, the ball seemed to balloon off their feet, over and over again players were messing up simple passes due to a terrible touch, multiple players as well - what was all that about?! If someone had said they’re using a different more bouncy ball or something it would have made sense!

Let's take the point and move on to the Cobblers on Tues.

No it wasn't a great showing from our boys today tho we could have won it second half (for me Bodin is so frustrating!) but a clean sheet is a bonus and we need to show the same desire and fight.

Just wish we could manage to put a whole 90 minutes together!

I thought that, the ball seemed to balloon off their feet, over and over again players were messing up simple passes due to a terrible touch, multiple players as well - what was all that about?! If someone had said they’re using a different more bouncy ball or something it would have made sense!
I wouldn't put anything past WW, Ainsworth taught them well

Negru , Brown and Cumming had very good games and kept us in it at times.

The rest of the squad were for the majority of the game awful, I can't believe how bad the players first touch was it was like watching Sunday league players at times.

Wycombe let us off in the first half by not burying some great chances.

On to Tuesday where 3 points is a must and a better performance for the full 90 minutes.
Would guess Glen Hoddle would struggle to play against Wycombe theses days.
Although Budgie once said to me. When Hoddle played a ball he thought he had it, then quickly realised no I haven’t.

We couldn't keep the ball all game, possession would have taken the pressure off from constant long balls and crosses from Hoofball FC.

Rodrigues, other than a few nice touches, wasn't impacting the game at all. I'd have brought on Mceachran to help keep possession and bolster the midfield. The one thing he's excellent at his keeping the ball and we didn't use him, seems mad having him in the squad if we aren't going to use him today.

Burey not on the bench despite us playing deep and counter attacking, if that was the game plan he should have started over Goodhram.

Des showed his inexperience and naivety today and I think we got lucky for the majority. We could have nicked it at the end but I'm not sure it would be deserved, Wycombe squandered better chances before hand.

Have to remember the likes of Goodwin and Matete are still not 100% and we haven't nailed our best 11 with these yet. In the playoffs with new signings bedding in and some coming back from injury, it's ours to lose.

Back
Top Bottom