Away Match Day Thread 15/08/23 - L1: Derby County v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What a fantastic display of goalkeeping it was ,they chucked everything at him .
Didn't we the announce that Reece had actually signed (rather than being on loan) straight after the game?

Didn't we the announce that Reece had actually signed (rather than being on loan) straight after the game?
Yeah he was announced as a permanent signing in the post match interviews.

New ground for me as I was away on holiday for the corresponding fixture last season.

Travelling more in hope than expectation.

Any parking tips?

Yes why not? Stranger things have happened! Does anyone remember west stand ram from many years ago seemed a strange mixture of a derby and oxford fan? COYY

I’ve been chatting to him this morning. He was at the Burton game on Saturday. We were at uni together so I’d go to some derby games and he’d hit up some oxford games. He generally thought this forum was pretty decent and enjoyed the chat.

His main insight is that apparently Paul Warne considers us one of the best teams in the division and if you don’t f*****g bounce then you’re a red

Remember away there in the 90’s (1994 or 1993 perhaps). Lost 2-1 and budgie got a late goal to give us false hope. Derby fans throwing coins over during the game, fans drinking alcohol on the terrace and it was lively outside with DLF and SMHS.
Mad to think that’s 30 years ago!

Setting off shortly. I'm on the positive bus tonight. Struck me as odd that most people seem to have Derby as major favourites when their record so far is much the same as ours, against arguably weaker opposition, and they've already lost at home twice:

Derby 1 Wigan 2
Derby 0 Blackpool 2 (EFL Cup)
Burton 0 Derby 3

That said, I'd take a point.

Just about to leave Cholsey for Derby. Hoping for a better display to Cambridge, and to be honest I’d snap your hand off for a draw right now.

Setting off shortly. I'm on the positive bus tonight. Struck me as odd that most people seem to have Derby as major favourites when their record so far is much the same as ours, against arguably weaker opposition, and they've already lost at home twice:

Derby 1 Wigan 2
Derby 0 Blackpool 2 (EFL Cup)
Burton 0 Derby 3

That said, I'd take a point.
blimey! - maybe we could nick a win tonight

Hmmmm, I think it could swing either way tonight.

If it doesn't then it will be a draw....

There is some reticence on the Derby site and some criticism of Warne's home tactics, however, given our playing style, they can't have missed the need for a high press.

Back
Top Bottom