Away Match Day Thread 15/08/23 - L1: Derby County v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it a coincidence that our head of recruitment last summer bought a load of old crocks…. And he’s now moved to derby, first transfer window…. They’ve bought a load of old cloggers…..

Did we manage to keep the true brains behind our transfer business of yesteryear and who is now successfully leading this transfer window?

Only an observation 😊👍

Disclaimer: perhaps he suggests good players, but KR and now Paul Warne overrule him?

Is it a coincidence that our head of recruitment last summer bought a load of old crocks…. And he’s now moved to derby, first transfer window…. They’ve bought a load of old cloggers…..

Did we manage to keep the true brains behind our transfer business of yesteryear and who is now successfully leading this transfer window?

Only an observation 😊👍
The man who was “the true brains” behind our most successful period after the Eales takeover in 2014, when he and Craig Dean oversaw the recruitment process that brought us promotion, untold millions in sales and some of the best players we’d seen in decades? The man whose new manager in Paul Warne has been quite uppity in the media on the back of his appointment, and making sure that everyone knows he and he alone will be green lighting all transfer business rather than the new recruitment head?

The man who was “the true brains” behind our most successful period after the Eales takeover in 2014, when he and Craig Dean oversaw the recruitment process that brought us promotion, untold millions in sales and some of the best players we’d seen in decades? The man whose new manager in Paul Warne has been quite uppity in the media on the back of his appointment, and making sure that everyone knows he and he alone will be green lighting all transfer business rather than the new recruitment head?
Perhaps a coincidence then, and a reflection on the managers themselves 👍 again just an observation :)

Like you say Paul Warne is going to be under severe pressure if he’s overruling signings and then it’s failing (as is at present)

Move from the frying pan into the fire!
It seems an odd move to Derby with Warne wanting to keep total control if signings.
Mind you Warne will probably be off soon unless they improve quickly.

• React
Reactions: BDJ
I think you tolerate Warne's style of football if it's bringing results and you're winning.

But after bottling the end of last season and missing the playoffs, I doubt he has a ton of runway this year, and for as good as we were - they were awful last night. No clue at all in open play.

They've got what looks like a gimme this weekend at home against Fleetwood, but their next two are away to Bolton & Posh, the two sides that have come out of the traps the fastest. I'd feel pretty good right now if I had Paul Warne in the League One sack race sweepstakes.......

I also thought that Beadle looked really good and made several great saves. He's huge and has got a massive wing span so he makes some of his saves look easy, but they're far from it. As well as his saves, I thought that he looked confident to control his area, and one mistake aside, it looked like he claimed most things.
Just to add to that, what you won't have seen is that two or three times he came for high balls, got stuck in traffic and couldn't collect. One of those incidents is in the highlights. It happened enough times for the Derby commentators to suggest that they should try that tactic more often. Luckily they didn't, but something that I hope he can improve on.

Not to detract from his overall performance and the whole team, some truly breath-taking football throughout :)

Beadle made three excellent saves last night and for me is a huge improvement on Eastwood. Was a bit surprised to see the lack of congratulations from his own defenders after those saves. I do wonder what his relationship with his teammates is like. But if it keeps working like last night who cares!

I see that the writers from the official site are the type that leave a game 5mins before the end to get away...

1692257725971.png

No. The other one.

Back
Top Bottom