Home Match Day Thread 12/08/2023 L1: OUFC v Carlisle

Who’s it MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Going for 2-0 ,oh sorry forgot we always let a goal in 2-1 . Play well let's get some confidence and a new player in the stands .Already feels wobbly .

What gets me is, why should any player lose confidence after one league game and one cup game?

MATCH DAY!!

This is the team and formation I'd like to see:
IMG_0883.jpeg

But it seems Manning is a fan of the 4231 formation, so with that in mind:
IMG_0880.jpeg

But I won't care what lineup or formation we play, as long as we play well and get the win!

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!

I reckon a 1-1 draw. We'll dominate the first half after taking an early lead and everyone will be delighted that we've turned it around and then we'll be off the boil second half, concede a silly equaliser and then be lucky to walk away with a scrappy point.

The 5-0 spanking of QPR glossed over the inadequacies of last season and we all thought we‘d sweep Cambridge aside on our march up the table. But…. We are in transition, no doubt about that, so we need a win by any means today. A draw is more likely.

MATCH DAY!!

This is the team and formation I'd like to see:
View attachment 15091

But it seems Manning is a fan of the 4231 formation, so with that in mind:
View attachment 15092

But I won't care what lineup or formation we play, as long as we play well and get the win!

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!
Your team selection ... McEachran, Maguane & Murphy simply do not score goals, therefore I wouldn't have those 3 together in a starting line up.
McEachran has 1 goal in 250ish games, MaGuane has 2 goals in 90 appearances and Murphy well I don't know but unlikely he is going to score many and Reuben is not a centre forward, his strength is creative assists.

I think we will go:

Beadle
Stevens, Moore, Thornliey, Brown
McEachran, Brannagan
Mills, Rodriques, Browne
Harris

Subs: Eastwood, Long, Negru, McGuane, Murphy, Goodrham, GOD

Sorry, but exactly what is this poll about? The narrative appears to have been written by a 6 year old.

I think we will go:

Beadle
Stevens, Moore, Thornliey, Brown
McEachran, Brannagan
Mills, Rodriques, Browne
Harris

Subs: Eastwood, Long, Negru, McGuane, Murphy, Goodrham, GOD
This would be exciting. I don't know enough about Carlisle to judge their level of threat down the left because this leaves us hugely vulnerable on our right. Neither Stevens nor Mills look to have much defensive nous at all. If we could get our noses in front then hit them with something like this in the final thirty it could be a lot of fun

Your team selection ... McEachran, Maguane & Murphy simply do not score goals, therefore I wouldn't have those 3 together in a starting line up.
McEachran has 1 goal in 250ish games, MaGuane has 2 goals in 90 appearances and Murphy well I don't know but unlikely he is going to score many and Reuben is not a centre forward, his strength is creative assists.
Sorry I forgot that we've got sooooo many other goalscoring options available haven't we?!?

Gotta try something different, as so far we've been a disaster.

Rodrigues is a striker or deep lying number 10 forward, and Harris hasn't looked great in my opinion, so why not try Rodrigues there?

It's been well documented that Brannagan and McGuane play too deep to influence things higher up the pitch, and McEachran was never brought in for his goal scoring, hence why i've put him in the holding midfield position, allowing Cam and McGuane to play further forward. It's worth a shot no?

Murphy is a winger, who was showing signs of the quality he could offer towards the end of last season, so he should be given the chance to continue where he left off, and showing a bit of faith in him might be what's needed to get him performing, as if he's on form, he's the best we have in that position, as Goodrham has so far looked exactly what I feared he would, a boy out of his depth at this level, who would probably benefit from a loan somewhere.

And Long starts, because Stevens hasn't been good enough yet to start ahead of him.

It's all a moot point anyway, as Manning will be playing his favoured 4231.

feeling optomistic and confident today ... 2-1 home win, RR and Harri with a goal apiece

I reckon a 1-1 draw. We'll dominate the first half after taking an early lead and everyone will be delighted that we've turned it around and then we'll be off the boil second half, concede a silly equaliser and then be lucky to walk away with a scrappy point.
This has happened so many times it feels almost inevitable

Back
Top Bottom