Away Match Build Up 08/05/2024: L1 Play-Off SF 2nd Leg - Peterborough vs OUFC

Who Will Be Going To Wembley?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict us to win 2-0, tactics are everything in this game.🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻

On their forum, apparently (apart from vs Leeds in the cup and Portsmous) they’ve scored at least 2 goals in every home game.
Erm….. so this may need a rethink!

On their forum, apparently (apart from vs Leeds in the cup and Portsmous) they’ve scored at least 2 goals in every home game.
Erm….. so this may need a rethink!
They are strong at home but... Only scored once against Carlisle when losing 1-2 at home a few weeks back, rarely keep a clean sheet and are facing an Oxford team who've scored 9 in the last 4 away games since our post-Bolton reset.

They are strong at home but... Only scored once against Carlisle when losing 1-2 at home a few weeks back, rarely keep a clean sheet and are facing an Oxford team who've scored 9 in the last 4 away games since our post-Bolton reset.
They are definitely open and available to get at, they won’t play as cagey as they did for the first 45 at our place, personally think it may play into our hands if we can stay solid for the first 30 minutes.

Stay solid for every minute don't let a goal in score 1 and we are going to Wembley .Or a draw let's hope what ever happens we go there and fight for every thing. Its certainly exciting and we don't want it to finish yet. Fitness is going to be massive

I wouldn't bring on Browne unless we are looking to salvage something as he demonstrated a complete lack of ability (or desire) to track back or mark anyone
Spectacularly harsh on Browne that. He was clearly hyper aware of providing cover to Stevens as Dale had done to try and limit the Burrows/Mason Clark threat down the left. Not exactly a natural role for him.

I’d bring him on for Harris as a striker with 20 to go to keep the press up and give us an out ball.

Enjoyed the game on Saturday. Really good atmosphere. Felt like we held them to very few chances.

Speaking to Peterborough fans after the game, they still seem quite confident going into the 2nd leg though.

It'll be interesting to see how we set up. I think we'll need another goal at least.

Spectacularly harsh on Browne that. He was clearly hyper aware of providing cover to Stevens as Dale had done to try and limit the Burrows/Mason Clark threat down the left. Not exactly a natural role for him.

I’d bring him on for Harris as a striker with 20 to go to keep the press up and give us an out ball.
If anything, I’d put Browne in behind Harris, probably replacing Rodrigues.

Goodrham looked leggy the other day quite early on, so not sure what was wrong with him, also made a number of poor decisions.

Subs the other day did not help/have an impact for the team, apart from possibly McEachran.

So they are due a blank then? Cracking.
I can see them scoring. We were lucky at times e.g. the time it hit their player stopping it get to another who would have had a tap in.

I don’t think they’ll go gung ho as they know they’ll get chances throughout the game, and leave themselves open for the quick break which I think they’re concerned about, but the longer they go without scoring the more they might become desperate/plus their fans will start to get agitated.

I personally wouldn’t want us to sit back like we did in the last 30mins on Saturday, but we must keep it tight.

Not sure if I’d go for McEachran to start, possibly dropping either Goodrham or Rodrigues to the bench. Just feel we need to pack out the centre of midfield to break up their play with Brannagan having the more freer role as such, but needing his tenacity/desire. Rodrigues is a liability and Goodrham looked weak/off it on Saturday, so might be better coming off the bench.

I was sitting near his position and if that was providing cover and he is asked to do the same away then my god we are in trouble. I agree up front and away from specific marking. Harris is phenomenal at harrassment and Browne needs to really commit. Sadly he did look like a shadow of his former self. Perhaps up front for the last 15 minutes he can get his mojo back

I was sitting near his position and if that was providing cover and he is asked to do the same away then my god we are in trouble. I agree up front and away from specific marking. Harris is phenomenal at harrassment and Browne needs to really commit. Sadly he did look like a shadow of his former self. Perhaps up front for the last 15 minutes he can get his mojo back
I don’t disagree about him looking a shadow, but can see the problem Des was trying to solve. That left hand side Posh have is Championship level easily, and Dale did a brilliant job of pressurising Burrows and helping Stevens. When he’s exhausted though, who comes in to keep it up? We’ve the same problem in a couple of other areas, but that’s where Posh are at their most dangerous.

I suspect we need to be in front going into the last 30 minutes so we can retreat into that block again and defend for our lives if needed.

I don’t disagree about him looking a shadow, but can see the problem Des was trying to solve. That left hand side Posh have is Championship level easily, and Dale did a brilliant job of pressurising Burrows and helping Stevens. When he’s exhausted though, who comes in to keep it up? We’ve the same problem in a couple of other areas, but that’s where Posh are at their most dangerous.

I suspect we need to be in front going into the last 30 minutes so we can retreat into that block again and defend for our lives if needed.
I'd much rather Leigh came on (with Murphy switching to the right) than Browne or Bodin

I'd much rather Leigh came on (with Murphy switching to the right) than Browne or Bodin
I thought Bodin lacked energy and urgency on Saturday, it was a strange performance from him. The game wasn’t ideal for Browne, he did alright but it wasn’t really set up for him to be much more than another body behind the ball.

i think we would all go with 10 or 11 of the players that started on Saturday. Cant be a bad thing that. Im glad the team is pretty much picking itself at the moment, bar the odd tweak.

The butterflies have definitely started... :sick: πŸ˜…

(Proud of the team this season!)

I thought Bodin lacked energy and urgency on Saturday, it was a strange performance from him. The game wasn’t ideal for Browne, he did alright but it wasn’t really set up for him to be much more than another body behind the ball.

Bodin is inconsistent, some days looks better than league one, others doesn't get near the ball, don't think that will ever change at this stage of his career. Probably his last few games for the club so you hope he can pull one of the good ones out.

They are strong on the left side but you pretty much know what Mason-Clarke is going to do every time - come back in on his right foot. Like Goodhram, he is entirely one footed. I can only think of one occasion when he tried to go outside Stevens and even if he makes it the lack of a left foot is a hinderance . Obviously, stopping him may be another matter but at least you pretty much know what is coming. Poku seemed a little more unpredictable when he came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom