Home Match Build Up 02/12/2023 FAC 2: OUFC v Grimsby Town

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

West Oxon U’s

REF WATCH

Lancashire referee Darren Bond has been appointed for Saturday’s FA cup clash with Grimsby in OX4.
Wigan based Bond was promoted to the PL in the summer of 2023 after many seasons of fixtures at Championship level.
He has been refereeing in the EFL since 2012-13 and his first U’s match was a 0-1 home defeat to Chesterfield in March 2013.

Historicallly, he’s not been shy about showing his cards.

FleYTYRXEAICP9c

Selfishly hoping for a postponement. I can't make the rearranged Reading away fixture as it stands. Bring on the frost 🥶
Ooh lovely. I was hoping Eastleigh would get a draw - hadn't considered a frozen pitch would have the same result. That would be karma for that f*****g Woking game that ended up costing me a fortune to be the wettest I've ever been at a football match.

If Brentford allow Stevens to play:

Beadle
Stevens Moore Thornily Brown
McEachran Brannagan
Rodrigues
Mills Harris Edwards

with Browne and Bennett hopefully getting some minutes off the bench.

The one change I'm making (other than bringing RR back in) is McEachran for McGuane - the latter has been well below his best for several weeks now, so it would be great to get him a full ten days to recharge. McEachran doesn't offer you everything he does, but he's a capable foil for Cam.

If Brentford don't allow Stevens to play......then I guess you play Negru there, even though he's definitely not a fullback. Because otherwise you have to rework everything and either go super-aggressive with something like this:

Beadle
Negru Moore Brown
Mills McEachran Brannagan Edwards
Rodrigues
Harris Bodin

Or be a bit more circumspect and play Gorrin (or Smyth) instead of Bodin, only we really don't know at what level they're playing at right now.
There was a rumour that Edwards is out due to hamstring?

There was a rumour that Edwards is out due to hamstring?

If true, then Murphy instead.

Let's not repeat the trick and start Browne. 15-20 minutes for him as a sub please, and ease him back into things.

Does anyone know if this game is postponed or ends in a draw what the new date will be for Reading?

I know as it stands it Tues 12th Dec.

Does anyone know if this game is postponed or ends in a draw what the newwill be for Reading?

I know as it stands it Tues 12th Dec.

Tues 19th is still available.

If not then, then it will be mid-January at the earliest - 9th, 16th & 23rd all possibilities, though I don't know when the third round of the tinpot trophy is supposed to be, and we still have Pompey to rearrange as well........

Ooh lovely. I was hoping Eastleigh would get a draw - hadn't considered a frozen pitch would have the same result. That would be karma for that f*****g Woking game that ended up costing me a fortune to be the wettest I've ever been at a football match.

Ah the Woking game last season that was called off when it rained then got played in even heavier rain, I think the Yellows forum weathermen must of taken over that day.

Curiously Grimsby Town {v Wolves in FA cup semi-final 1939} is the record crowd at Old Trafford, 77K. A record not held by Man u. strange?

• React
Reactions: m
I expect the same sort of mix of first teamers and squad players as against Maidenhead, with a strong bench. Looking forward to their chants of ‘football in a library’ and ‘shall we sing a song for you’. Yes please is the answer, the club can’t be arsed to open the whole ground so don’t expect us to join in with a good old sing song.

I expect the same sort of mix of first teamers and squad players as against Maidenhead, with a strong bench. Looking forward to their chants of ‘football in a library’ and ‘shall we sing a song for you’. Yes please is the answer, the club can’t be arsed to open the whole ground so don’t expect us to join in with a good old sing song.
That ditto has become the norm tbf. Nevertheless, win this game and mysteriously several thousand scarfers will appear for the next round. However, I must be fair to ye olde people as it is panto season...oh no it isn't....oh yes it is.

COYY'S.

That ditto has become the norm tbf. Nevertheless, win this game and mysteriously several thousand scarfers will appear for the next round. However, I must be fair to ye olde people as it is panto season...oh no it isn't....oh yes it is.

COYY'S.
Not just scarfers

Like to think that we’ll win this one.
Cold day up there tomorrow as usual that frostbite in your feet comes right out of the concrete. Ten pairs of socks required.🥶

Back
Top Bottom