General Wordle ⬜ 🟩 🟨

That explains why after getting it right the first day i was stuck the next day. was guessing made up words and couln't work out why i wasn't even getting a "right letter, wrong place" yellow box.
It won't let you enter incorrect words.

I've seen some attempts on here where people have correct letters in correct position, but don't keep those letters in place in their next word. That makes little sense to me.

I've seen some attempts on here where people have correct letters in correct position, but don't keep those letters in place in their next word. That makes little sense to me.
There are 2 modes in the game, if you turn on 'Hard Mode' from the settings you have to play all known letters in subsequent attempts. It does ramp up the difficulty a notch.

If you don't use the letters that you already know, it gives you more chance of getting the missing letters.

And less (zero) chance of getting the word with the guess.
if for instance you know PLAN_
there are four options to guess for PLANE PLANK PLANS or PLANT, but if you guess SKATE then you will know which letter it will be. So uses up two guesses instead of potentially four.

if for instance you know PLAN_
there are four options to guess for PLANE PLANK PLANS or PLANT, but if you guess SKATE then you will know which letter it will be. So uses up two guesses instead of potentially four.

And from where are you plucking the word SKATE as opposed to any other random word ending in E,K,S or T?

And from where are you plucking the word SKATE as opposed to any other random word ending in E,K,S or T?
The theory was to get a word that had as many of the potential missing letters into one word, so you can eliminate a few in one hit

PLAN_ can only end on E K S or T
So if i want to know which of those four letters it is, I choose a word with those in. For instance SKATE or could be STOKE or STEAK etc.
STOKE would work easier as PLANO is not a word, so either the S,T,K would highlight correct letter wrong place, and the E as correct letter right place.
Then next guess you know which is the correct last letter.

PLAN_ can only end on E K S or T
So if i want to know which of those four letters it is, I choose a word with those in. For instance SKATE or could be STOKE or STEAK etc.
STOKE would work easier as PLANO is not a word, so either the S,T,K would highlight correct letter wrong place, and the E as correct letter right place.
Then next guess you know which is the correct last letter.
Ah, got you now
But anyway...

Wordle 212 3/6

🟧[emoji833][emoji833]🟧🟧
🟧🟧[emoji833]🟧🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Last edited:
Wordle 213 4/6

🟩🟨[emoji833]🟨[emoji833]
🟩🟨[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
🟩🟩🟩[emoji833][emoji833]
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Tough one today - I got lucky.
Definitely more difficult today. You did better on your fourth attempt than I did on my fifth

Wordle 213 6/6

[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]🟦[emoji833]
[emoji833]🟦🟦[emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833][emoji833]🟧[emoji833]🟦
🟧🟧🟧[emoji833][emoji833]
🟧🟧🟧[emoji833][emoji833]
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Wordle 213 5/6

🟨[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833]🟨🟨[emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
🟩🟩🟩[emoji833][emoji833]
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Unbelievable someone got it right second guess with no previous letters

Wordle 213 5/6

🟨[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833]🟨🟨[emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
🟩🟩🟩[emoji833][emoji833]
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Unbelievable someone got it right second guess with no previous letters

I only had 1 vowel left after the 1st word so it was just a case of where it went which was most likely the 2nd or 3rd letter. This limited options and got a bit lucky on which word I picked first out of those options.

Back
Top Bottom