EFL Winding Up Petitions List

Usually I have sympathy for the players and fans in these situations but on this occasion I really don’t. Everyone was raising their eyebrows when they splashed the cash to get out of league 1 and asking questions about how they could afford to do it. Turns out they can’t!
I’m sure the players weren’t questioning if a club that had just come out of admin could actually afford their 10k+ a week wage that they agreed.

Its all good, the EFL "test" these things and never get it wrong even when it is staring them in the face. :)

I think it's more a question of morality actually mate.

Exeter, as per your example, have had their financial problems in the past and ended up going down the fan owned route, and live within their means. Wigan overspent for some time before their (admittedly odd) administration, but as soon as they were out of it went down the exact same overspending route, leading to their current plight. I believe that's why they deserve no sympathy.

Anyway, I think we're broadly in agreement, so I'll leave it there.

I don't want to be the t**t who has to have the last word but I'd like to be clear that I have no sympathy for Wigan whatsoever!

Southend rumbles on:

No surprise. I want Southend to survive but it is getting farcical. The previous adjournment for a takeover to be completed and that takeover has clearly failed (with previous failures before that iirc) so now there is a bidder which is supposed to complete by the end of Sept.

It is almost like Martin is taking the pee especially out of the Southend fans. Hopefully it goes through but after his comments, the Judge can't adjourn again.

No surprise. I want Southend to survive but it is getting farcical. The previous adjournment for a takeover to be completed and that takeover has clearly failed (with previous failures before that iirc) so now there is a bidder which is supposed to complete by the end of Sept.

It is almost like Martin is taking the pee especially out of the Southend fans. Hopefully it goes through but after his comments, the Judge can't adjourn again.
It does smack in the face for Bury FC

It does smack in the face for Bury FC

Tbf Bury got lots of chances as well.

As an aside, Bury got beat last night 3-2 at home to Kendal Town in the North West Counties FL Premier Division. They had 3,200 odd there. A couple of cracking goals for Kendal:

Last edited:

As an aside, Bury got beat last night 3-2 at home to Kendal Town in the North West Counties FL Premier Division. They had 3,200 odd there. A couple of cracking goals for Kendal.
They have sorted out the issue with the 2 factions now haven't they? Is this the new 'merged' club?

Yes. The AFC club had the registration in the NWCFL and merged with Bury FC who had Gigg Lane.
It was about time they got together and put it all behind them. Hopefully they can climb up the leagues now.

As an aside, Bury got beat last night 3-2 at home to Kendal Town in the North West Counties FL Premier Division. They had 3,200 odd there. A couple of cracking goals for Kendal:

But also at their winding up order did they not say they had a buyer?

East Thurrock
appointment of liquidators and winding up petition

Back
Top Bottom