Up and running

• Thread starter Deleted member 5165
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5165

Very pleased to report that the Panel has had its first meeting. Mainly admin stuff to start but a lot of topics discussed. The full minutes (yes, the full minutes, nothing redacted) will appear very soon on the club website under the Supporters' Panel section (drop down menu under heading "club" from the home page).

We have a second meeting coming up to set up the agenda for the first meeting with the club proper, a date for which will be announced very soon.

Already being discussed are the issues of stewarding raised by many after the Plymouth game. A big thank you to all those who got in touch via the email address OUSPinfo@gmail.com and through our Twitter account @OUFCSP.

We are awaiting feedback from the club as I write.

Having this section on Yellows Forum is another way to get in touch and make suggestions as to how we can help.

We don't have a magic wand but, if there is anything you feel may improve the matchday experience, get in touch.

This is, of course, not the only way to communicate with the club but we hope to be able to present a variety of suggestions, issues and general enquiries at every meeting we have with the club and get feedback at the same time.

I would like to thank the FSA for all their help with getting things up and running also, @OxVox who have been involved from the outset, they will have a representative at the meetings and we are determined to work with them to make our club successful and enhance the experience of all fans and supporters.

Well done Greg - I look forward to seeing the full minutes albeit (cynicism alert) you can write minutes as high level or detailed as the author wishes them to be and as someone who may be subject to FOI queries, I know this can be an art form :) - I'm sure yours will be ok though.

Quick first suggestion from me - Fiver a ticket for FA Cup round 1 game and kids in for a quid (subject of course to BRFC agreeing) - might get a good crowd as a result and now we get revenues from the catering, there is more reason than just ticket profits alone to maximise numbers of fans.

Well done Greg - I look forward to seeing the full minutes albeit (cynicism alert) you can write minutes as high level or detailed as the author wishes them to be and as someone who may be subject to FOI queries, I know this can be an art form :) - I'm sure yours will be ok though.

Quick first suggestion from me - Fiver a ticket for FA Cup round 1 game and kids in for a quid (subject of course to BRFC agreeing) - might get a good crowd as a result and now we get revenues from the catering, there is more reason than just ticket profits alone to maximise numbers of fans.
Will be on the agenda. We're scheduled to have Niall McWilliams along to the first meeting with club officials so ideal opportunity to present this.
Glad you mentioned the catering. It's on my list of things to discuss with the club. Fair do's, it's early days for the club to be running the concourse outlets but, when you've queued for 10 minutes (others have spent longer waiting) only to find out all the pies have gone, ain't funny!

Very hypocritical Greg, didn’t someone very close to me suggest having a page in the YF but was told they didn’t want because of NEGATIVITY on the forum. Also didn’t someone rebuke Paul when he said that Oxvox and the FSA and club worked towards the setting up of the panel? claiming Oxvox had no input although it appears that the post saying that has been removed.

Very hypocritical Greg, didn’t someone very close to me suggest having a page in the YF but was told they didn’t want because of NEGATIVITY on the forum. Also didn’t someone rebuke Paul when he said that Oxvox and the FSA and club worked towards the setting up of the panel? claiming Oxvox had no input although it appears that the post saying that has been removed.
And we’re off!

Will be on the agenda. We're scheduled to have Niall McWilliams along to the first meeting with club officials so ideal opportunity to present this.
Glad you mentioned the catering. It's on my list of things to discuss with the club. Fair do's, it's early days for the club to be running the concourse outlets but, when you've queued for 10 minutes (others have spent longer waiting) only to find out all the pies have gone, ain't funny!

Nope your meeting is soon as the FA cup is just over 2 weeks away maybe a tenner a ticker and kiss for a quid.

Very pleased to report that the Panel has had its first meeting. Mainly admin stuff to start but a lot of topics discussed. The full minutes (yes, the full minutes, nothing redacted) will appear very soon on the club website under the Supporters' Panel section (drop down menu under heading "club" from the home page).

We have a second meeting coming up to set up the agenda for the first meeting with the club proper, a date for which will be announced very soon.

Already being discussed are the issues of stewarding raised by many after the Plymouth game. A big thank you to all those who got in touch via the email address OUSPinfo@gmail.com and through our Twitter account @OUFCSP.

We are awaiting feedback from the club as I write.

Having this section on Yellows Forum is another way to get in touch and make suggestions as to how we can help.

We don't have a magic wand but, if there is anything you feel may improve the matchday experience, get in touch.

This is, of course, not the only way to communicate with the club but we hope to be able to present a variety of suggestions, issues and general enquiries at every meeting we have with the club and get feedback at the same time.

I would like to thank the FSA for all their help with getting things up and running also, @OxVox who have been involved from the outset, they will have a representative at the meetings and we are determined to work with them to make our club successful and enhance the experience of all fans and supporters.
any info to share as to what were the (alleged) stewarding issues on Saturday please ? ...I was at the game (in SSL) quite a long way from North Stand, where what ever is alleged to have happened, regarding stewarding apparently took place, and besides I was watching the game during the game, .....as issues regarding have been raised as a subject for discussion, hopefully supporters panel will be make it, this semi mysterious stewarding issue, public?

and good luck with the supporters panel operating as intended @Greg David

Last edited:
How many have been on the working group? I'm guessing most will apply so it'll be interesting to see how many others put their names forward. I think it has huge potential but comments on here have been mainly negative which could put some off.

There are/were 6 of us in total. 2 will not be standing as they form the election management group along with Ashley Brown from the FSA. Of the others, that will be a decision for each to make. I would hope that all of them stand.
There have been some comments on here that have caused some disquiet, shall we say but, overall the reaction has been very good. FSA, OxVox and the club are very pro and I have spoken to a number of fans at games, home and away and the reaction has all been positive.
It will take time to get everything sorted and the first meeting set up, just getting all of the working group around a table at the same time has proved difficult!
I would hope that everyone reads the Memorandum of Understanding document. It is what underpins the whole deal with the club and, if read, will clarify and underscore what we have set out to achieve.

My first & last post in this section as not toeing the party line is "negative and causes disquiet" and alternative opinions and methods of getting things done etc are obviously not welcome.

And, as predicted by some wise old owl, 6 - 2 = 4. Which is what we`ve got.

Toodle pip.

My first & last post in this section as not toeing the party line is "negative and causes disquiet" and alternative opinions and methods of getting things done etc are obviously not welcome.

And, as predicted by some wise old owl, 6 - 2 = 4. Which is what we`ve got.

Toodle pip.
You'll be missed!!! 🤣🤣🤣

any info to share as to what were the (alleged) stewarding issues on Saturday please ? ...I was at the game but a long way from North Stand where what ever is alleged to have happened in SSL regarding stewarding apparently took place, and besides I was watching the game during the game, .....as issues regarding have be raisedas a subject for discussion, hopefully supporters panel will be make it public?

and good luck with the supporters panel operating as intended @Greg David
Regarding the stewarding issue, as far as we are aware, the club is dealing with the issue. We expect to hear more in the next few days. We saw this as serious enough to contact the club direct.

Regarding the stewarding issue, as far as we are aware, the club is dealing with the issue. We expect to hear more in the next few days. We saw this as serious enough to contact the club direct.
.... so what actually was the stewarding issue?

.... so what actually was the stewarding issue?
There were reports of some overzealous and less than helpful activity in various locations. There has been a lot of stuff on Twitter which we followed up. We received several emails and from our own observations on the day.
Surprisingly, little or nothing on here.

Back
Top Bottom