General Ticketing and Retail

Blimey. You’d hope online tickets become available again pretty damn quick.

Given our lack of ways to make money, losing the main channel for getting money in during the season is rather sub-optimal.

Can only assume (hope?) the technical issue was massive, not to be able to delay this until the off-season (albeit at a time when you’d need the system to work for season tickets).
It was things like new users could not make an online account, so pretty disruptive

A short term pause to improve the user experience is fine with me as long as the new experience is an improvement.

Trying to buy tickets took so many clicks and felt like you needed to log in three times to do it. Anything that can improve on that will surely be helpful in the long run.

It was things like new users could not make an online account, so pretty disruptive
Fair enough. Hopefully it will take days rather than weeks to sort.

A positive step. The system they moved to clearly wasn't fit for purpose so this is a decisive positive move.

Have to say that this is a very odd time to disrupt ticket and merchandise sales but, it was fairly clear that the existing structure was not fit for purpose. Hopefully this move will resolve those issues. If what Sports Alliance promote on their website can happen, we might actually see a return to a fluid system with a professional platform, in turn making the commercial side of the club far more efficient and, allowing the club to reward and tailor offers to the fanbase.

I had a look at the company involved, "Sports Alliance" and was struck by the irony of their core statement on the home page of their website, it reads thus:
"Your fans and supporters are your greatest asset, the ‘lifeblood’ of any club, association or sporting activity. Their passion and loyalty is at the heart of everything you do, and each and every one of them deserves the very best you can deliver.

Sporting organizations are constrained to remain small- to medium-sized enterprises that cannot merge to achieve scale benefits; recognising, anticipating, and rewarding individual fans and creating personal experiences is challenging.

Our mission is to personalise sport for every individual fan, current and future."

The opening line should resonate with Uncle Timmy and his cohorts, Your fans and supporters are your greatest asset, the ‘lifeblood’ of any club. Remember that, Mr Williams, greatest asset, that's us. And, we are not customers to be tolerated.

And, wasn't it nice of the club to let us all know well in advance that buying a ticket on-line would not be an option from 10:00 today for an, as yet, unspecified period. I do hope the ticket office staff were given a heads up on this. A tad mean if it's just Gemma and one assistant with the game on Tuesday coming up.

I'm fairly certain we had to re-set passwords previously back in December 2022 (it was around the time when Arsenal FAC3 tickets were due to launch) so that's twice in 14 months, both times during the season rather than say first week of May (season tickets for 23/24 launched 15 May, but could have been put back a week if the CRM integration was happening at the same time, as part of some strategic messaging).
Grant Ferguson was appointed Chairman in late July 2022 and Tim Williams was appointed CEO in October 2022, so this is twice under your watch gentleman. Is spending time to get the first change correct viewed as the effort required outweighing any benefit?!
I've worked at the club before and can understand when things from a supplier can be beyond the control of the club. I also used to give benefit of doubt that we were a small to medium club playing in League 1/2 and people were trying their best... that was when the senior leadership used to communicate with fans. When you don't communicate there isn't the goodwill to give benefit of doubt... see how that works Grant / Tim / Adam B?! :rolleyes:

Well, if it's serious enough to not be able to wait for the close season, then better rip off the sticking plaster now when we're in a bit of a lull. If (hope against hope) we get to the playoffs I wouldn't want our existing ticket system dealing with things.

Delighted that action is being taken in this area by the club given the frustrating inadequacies of our current ticketing system. Hopefully the new company can work the oracle.

That said, the timing is a bit strange - shutting down on the Friday before a home match on Tuesday (albeit not one where ticket demand will be high) and I just wonder why the transformation process didn't start earlier this week when I imagine sales would have been very slow. Hopefully fixed in the day so fans can buy tickets on-line over the weekend.

Pain in the bottom, hope it will be fixed soon. Anyone know when Portsmouth tickets are supposed to go on sale?

Pain in the bottom, hope it will be fixed soon. Anyone know when Portsmouth tickets are supposed to go on sale?
I was told last week that it would be "soon" - depends on Portsmouth making the tickets available. Interesting point, the revamped Milton Road end now has the capability of housing both home and away fans. All in rail seat standing.

I was told last week that it would be "soon" - depends on Portsmouth making the tickets available. Interesting point, the revamped Milton Road end now has the capability of housing both home and away fans. All in rail seat standing.

What's the away ticket allowance with the new stand?

What's the away ticket allowance with the new stand?
Total capacity is listed as 3150. Couldn't find the exact number but with some dodgy dot counting I reckon it's about 1400 plus a few maybe! Not the numbers we used to get. Plus it's not directly behind the goal, slightly off centre and around to the corner.

Prices should be equivalent to the home seating £25.00 for an adult, £19.00 concession and £10.00 for 14 - 17 yr old.

Total capacity is listed as 3150. Couldn't find the exact number but with some dodgy dot counting I reckon it's about 1400 plus a few maybe! Not the numbers we used to get. Plus it's not directly behind the goal, slightly off centre and around to the corner.

Prices should be equivalent to the home seating £25.00 for an adult, £19.00 concession and £10.00 for 14 - 17 yr old.

Cheers, that is quite a drop. Always remember the first game of 2013/14 season away to them when we hammered them there and they had double sold some seats, must of been 3,000 of us there.

Have to say that this is a very odd time to disrupt ticket and merchandise sales but, it was fairly clear that the existing structure was not fit for purpose. Hopefully this move will resolve those issues. If what Sports Alliance promote on their website can happen, we might actually see a return to a fluid system with a professional platform, in turn making the commercial side of the club far more efficient and, allowing the club to reward and tailor offers to the fanbase.

I had a look at the company involved, "Sports Alliance" and was struck by the irony of their core statement on the home page of their website, it reads thus:
"Your fans and supporters are your greatest asset, the ‘lifeblood’ of any club, association or sporting activity. Their passion and loyalty is at the heart of everything you do, and each and every one of them deserves the very best you can deliver.

Sporting organizations are constrained to remain small- to medium-sized enterprises that cannot merge to achieve scale benefits; recognising, anticipating, and rewarding individual fans and creating personal experiences is challenging.

Our mission is to personalise sport for every individual fan, current and future."

The opening line should resonate with Uncle Timmy and his cohorts, Your fans and supporters are your greatest asset, the ‘lifeblood’ of any club. Remember that, Mr Williams, greatest asset, that's us. And, we are not customers to be tolerated.

And, wasn't it nice of the club to let us all know well in advance that buying a ticket on-line would not be an option from 10:00 today for an, as yet, unspecified period. I do hope the ticket office staff were given a heads up on this. A tad mean if it's just Gemma and one assistant with the half term game on Tuesday coming up.
added';half term' ^^ it is significant not being a school night, ( and ST holders can have 1/2 priced guest each for Tuesday nights game- is it another one of them Matchday Activations?)

The online ticket system is STILL down.

I have to ask why do this with only 8 home fixtures left, why not wait until the season finishes?

Back
Top Bottom