Stuart Gray

I profess my memories of him are fairly sketchy. He was obviously quite a good player in the past but by the time he reached us he was very slow. Looking back at Soccerbase he started the season with us - when we weren’t all that bad in 2005-06 - got injured in September and then only played twice more.

I didn’t realise he played his dad Eddie in ‘The Damned United’ either!

Taken way too young. My thoughts are with his family.

Last edited:
I profess my memories of him are fairly sketchy. He was obviously quite a good player in the past but by the time he reached us he was very slow. Looking back at Soccerbase he started the season with us - when we weren’t all that bad in 2005-06 - got injured in September and then only played twice more.

I didn’t realise he played his dad Eddie in ‘The Damned United’ either!

Taken way too young. My thoughts are with his family.
I didn't know he played his dad in the film! That's a great little fact.

Oddly I actually recall him quite well (I have a strong memory of that specific time given how bonkers the club was at that stage). Rushden fans at the time described him as a player that would opt to play backwards far too often. I didn't find him to be a negative player, rather a technically sound ball player. He was albeit for a short period one of our better players adding a bit of quality into the midfield at a time where we seriously lacked much of anything just about anywhere on the pitch.7

Such sad news.

RIP

Back
Top Bottom