Sixth Commandment

Bitter

Apologies if mentioned before. Has anyone seen a programme called the Sixth Commandment? There is a scene in one episode where the lead detective is seen walking around with an OUFC mug. I haven't seen this myself but have seen a still of the scene. Is this just a stunt or is the actor a supporter? The actors name is Jonathon Aris.

Apologies if mentioned before. Has anyone seen a programme called the Sixth Commandment? There is a scene in one episode where the lead detective is seen walking around with an OUFC mug. I haven't seen this myself but have seen a still of the scene. Is this just a stunt or is the actor a supporter? The actors name is Jonathon Aris.
Yes. Just watched the last 2 episodes this evening.The true events depicted in this docudrama took place in Maids Morton near Buckingham in 2017. There are quite a lot of us in this neck of the woods who support the U’s including I would guess some TVP detectives. So an OUFC mug would not be out of place.

Last edited:
Yes. Just watched the last 2 episodes this evening.The true events depicted in this docudrama took place in Maids Morton near Buckingham in 2017. There are quite a lot of us in this neck of the woods who support the U’s including I would guess some TVP detectives. So an OUFC mug would not be out of place.
I had never heard of Maids Morton until today when I drove through it due to heavy traffic elsewhere and now this…….cue spooky music……

This TV drama set in the small village of Maids Morton in Bucks is of true events you would imagine would only be found in an episode of Miss Marple. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. It is chillingly well created in this 4 part story. Watch it on iPlayer.

This TV drama set in the small village of Maids Morton in Bucks is of true events you would imagine would only be found in an episode of Miss Marple. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. It is chillingly well created in this 4 part story. Watch it on iPlayer.
The lady who died was once the headmistress at St Mary’s primary school in Bicester.

52.43 into Episode 3.... walks down the corridor with said mug .....

It's all a bit ponderous. Can't see why it's getting such rave reviews. I suppose the acting is v good.

Love that ‘Spot The Player In The Training Ground Photo’ has turned into ‘Spot The Mug On iPlayer’.

image0.jpeg

I can't wait until we can combine these two great games to get "Spot the Mug Tattoo"

Screenshot_20230723_100616_Google.jpg

It's all a bit ponderous. Can't see why it's getting such rave reviews. I suppose the acting is v good.
You’re confusing ponderous with painstaking. The perpetrator was very close to getting away with murder and but for the diligence of TVP detectives he might have done. I thought the production caught the mood perfectly and maintained the tension throughout, achieved, as you acknowledge, by outstanding performances from all of the cast.

You’re confusing ponderous with painstaking. The perpetrator was very close to getting away with murder and but for the diligence of TVP detectives he might have done. I thought the production caught the mood perfectly and maintained the tension throughout, achieved, as you acknowledge, by outstanding performances from all of the cast.
Nah, you're describing The Deer* Hunter not Sixth Commandment.

*correction 😔

Last edited:
Is the Dear Hunter Dr. Gonzo's response to "Fear & Loathing"? I'd like to hope so.

• Sad
Reactions: QR
Back
Top Bottom