shambles...

Apologies: he won't be thanked for it, but he saw a long while ago that the pup your chum was proposing was a non-runner.
Now, I wonder how Bob Price has got on with sorting out that deal with Kassam that he was going to prioritise in his last two weeks...

Fan is short for 'fanatic' not 'brainwashed cult follower'.
Are the Blackpool fans protesting against Oyston not fans? Whatever your chum might think, there is no very great honour in being a craven apologist.
Wrong, when I as a fan go to help to clear the pitch of snow and talk to the person who I was slating on the old TIU through you and your groups information, see it is about the club not the personalities involved.

Now i confess i haven't checked but these teams below us who you say only need marginally improve i assume have to play all these world beaters above us as well No ? also likely to be the odd game against each other meaning pts dropped No?

i would love to know why they are going to suddenly improve from their worrying position but we cannot address ours?

Your bookmaker must love accommodating your business when he offers you 8/1 and you believe that's about right when there's plenty of 9/1 and even 10/1 about

In the form guide we are 13th. Only 4 teams who sit below us are in better form than us. We are in better form than Scunthorpe and Bradford who are sitting in the play off places.

So the bookies have us finishing mid table, our form over the last 6 games has been mid table form and in the table that matters we sit bang in the middle of the table. So Charlie, please excuse me while I don't lose any sleep about the threat of relegation. A bit like I won't get all worked up when we don't make the play offs.

In the form guide we are 13th. Only 4 teams who sit below us are in better form than us. We are in better form than Scunthorpe and Bradford who are sitting in the play off places.

So the bookies have us finishing mid table, our form over the last 6 games has been mid table form and in the table that matters we sit bang in the middle of the table. So Charlie, please excuse me while I don't lose any sleep about the threat of relegation. A bit like I won't get all worked up when we don't make the play offs.
But wiggy you should have some concern, we maybe mid table but with the next 2 games we could lose and there is a good chance of that, and if that happens we could sit precariously just above relegation with still some way to go towards the end of the season.
It appears at the moment we are starting to mirror Lenegans last season with the club, granted we weren’t relegated but we were a shambles and the manager employment that season was a bit of a joke.

Albeit with limited intelligence, I am struggling to understand what's going on. We have an owner who ducked out of an Oxvox members forum(?) to go on an overseas scouting trip with a manager he then sacks 11 days and two games later. The sacking (If, indeed, that's what it actually was) is made when the owner is out of the country "on business".

The club issues one bland statement then nothing. Not even an attempt from our "I'll always be honest with you" new MD to maintain customer confidence and support during this period of uncertainty.

What the he'll is going on? Was Pep sacked on a results / team development basis? Did he react badly to the possibility of losing two key players this window? Was shhgate a factor? Why hasn't he issued a statement rather than simply accepting the failed manager scenario? Is there a takeover in the offing? Has DE got himself into a mess and is being forced to unload all or or part of his shareholding?

I really hope the reality of the situation is a world away from the perception that the club's silence is portraying. Is it really not possible for this to be handled better?

Cue announcement of press conference to introduce new mega wealthy owners, a high profile outstanding manager, a top one budget for the Championship and a deal to resolve the ground situation .... or maybe not.

You will be called silly if you keep this up!!!

Just the new manager bounce could result in half the wins we need to be safe. It’s ok to look over our shoulder a little, but Christ some are doing it so much they are going to walk into a wall at this rate.

Just the new manager bounce could result in half the wins we need to be safe. It’s ok to look over our shoulder a little, but Christ some are doing it so much they are going to walk into a wall at this rate.
But you’re happy with everything that is going on, mid table or not we’re a mess of a club, we may have attracted Brannigan on a permanent contract and Rickets on loan and young Dickie who may get anstartbsometime soon ( who knows ) but the results lately haven’t filed many with any confidence which if there was an going to be a potential takeover ( and no im not in the know ) won’t have filled them with any confidence.

Its just a case of being rational (something rarely seen amongst football fans in general). We have been pretty poor and horribly inconsistent, yet so has everyone else. We have matched most teams around us since September which is why we have bounced around 9th-12th for most of this time. Is that good enough? Of course not. But this is not the time to panic.

But you’re happy with everything that is going on, mid table or not we’re a mess of a club, we may have attracted Brannigan on a permanent contract and Rickets on loan and young Dickie who may get anstartbsometime soon ( who knows ) but the results lately haven’t filed many with any confidence which if there was an going to be a potential takeover ( and no im not in the know ) won’t have filled them with any confidence.

There is a massive difference between being happy with how things are going at the club , and panicking over relegation. If the last week has taught me anything, it’s that somethings are far more important to worry about. Especially when 1/ there’s nothing we can do that will change it, and 2/ were not actually currently in that bad of a position to start panicking

I might be on my own here but I don't think we are a shambles of a club right now. We sacked an under achieving manager who wasn't showing signs of turning things around and seemed to not agree with the transfer model that has given the club so much success in the past. That was the correct decision.

We have appointed an MD, a academy manager, a couple of new academy coaches and paid fees for a couple of young players. All of these things fans were asking for.

The only thing that is poor from the club is the lack of communication but if like I imagine there is, investment talks happening then it would seem wise to keep a lid on it as it has shown in the past when the whole process is drawn out in the press then it is unhelpful to all parties involved.

I would hazard a guess that the long term future of the club is taking priority right now than the need to rush getting a manager in. Especially when you have someone like Faz who is more than good enough to do the job for now.

There is a massive difference between being happy with how things are going at the club , and panicking over relegation. If the last week has taught me anything, it’s that somethings are far more important to worry about. Especially when 1/ there’s nothing we can do that will change it, and 2/ were not actually currently in that bad of a position to start panicking
It’s not pancaking but it is a concern that I think we should all be weary about.

The silence from Eales is deafening what the f-ck is the man doing, l fear for our great club.

We can all debate the relegation issue ad infinitum however, what really irks me is watching the team lose, particularly losing badly and without any entertainment value.

If the club would at least give some indication that matters are in hand then that might go someway to turning my scepticism.

here is something for us to remember things could be a lot worse...

Most of the panic and negativity currently displayed on this forum is a result of the silence from the board.

Into this vacuum pours a lot of worries and frustrations. It's perhaps easier to assume the worst. The more we debate here, the angrier people are getting.

Eales might suddenly give the OM one of his "I don't understand what everyone's getting so stressed about, it's all good" interviews this week.

But I wish he'd say something soon before we have to start handing out the number for the Samaritans.

Back
Top Bottom