Salford win against Eastleigh

Can just imagine them doing something ridiculous like getting Welbeck in on a free transfer, if they're promoted to League Two.
Well they have already got Max Crocombe on board!!

Actually, of the four clubs in the playoff semis I think Salford are the one I'd prefer the most to go up (partly for the above reason) but also that there may be at least some substance and sustainability to their presence once they go up - I dont think they will go the way of other train sets of the past if the owner gets bored/goes broke (as I suspect AFC Fylde might do)
Also think the the MU B-team fear is probably overrated - not least because MU seem to be offering their worst players new contracts (Phil Jones anyone?).
Plus, how can anybody resist the prospect of Gary Neville up aginst Sol Campbell in a relegation battle next season?

Overall, as much as I dislike Cardiff and Swansea for their lame attempts in the top flight I would not have minded seeing Wrexham return, and from a personal perspective it would have been nice to get another Birmingham team in the league, but overall will take Salford

Back
Top Bottom