League Two S****horpe

God, 72 years and now they are out.

But last season they finished a place outside of the bottom two, what's happened ed to them off the pitch?!

Attachments

• markup_25347.png
    markup_25347.png
    207.9 KB · Views: 15
God, 72 years and now they are out.

But last season they finished a place outside of the bottom two, what's happened ed to them off the pitch?!
dodgy owners (the Swann family). Run badly, building up large debts. Interfering in on field matters (the chairman and his son are in sole charge of recruitment). 'paid off' debts by transferring the ownership of the ground and all assets to one of their own companies. under transfer embargo due to the nature of one of the loans.

Could have a Scottish style playoff between the Conference side and the third bottom L2 side.

Doesn’t have to necessarily be football. They could wrestle.

Should be 4 up and 4 down from each division from the Prem down to National league North/South. Would definitely make It more competitive in my eyes.

It's looking like it'll be Oldham joining them too. That'll be the first ex premier league (as we know, football didn't exist before then) team to go into non league football.

I'd rather it were Stevenage though. That's one turd that definitely needs flushing down the u bend.
another dodgy owner, one who bans from the ground anyone questioning his ownership.

The phrase ‘turkeys voting for Christmas’ comes to mind.
I agree. Also the more teams promoted, the more Salfords and Stevenages you end up with in the football league.

dodgy owners (the Swann family). Run badly, building up large debts. Interfering in on field matters (the chairman and his son are in sole charge of recruitment). 'paid off' debts by transferring the ownership of the ground and all assets to one of their own companies. under transfer embargo due to the nature of one of the loans.
Puts it into perspective how lucky we are to have our current owners. Looks like they're being taken on one of those "journeys" a la Kassam.

I agree. Also the more teams promoted, the more Salfords and Stevenages you end up with in the football league.
Not necessarily as in the Top 7 of the NL there are Wrexham, Stockport, Notts County, Chesterfield and Grimsby.
3rd from bottom of L2 is Stevenage
So 2 up and down makes it more difficult for the old league clubs to get back ( as we know!)

Very true, although thankfully this season it looks like some proper clubs could be promoted. Stockport are pretty much there and Wrexham will at least be in the play offs along with Chesterfield, Grimsby, Notts County and to a slightly lesser extent, Halifax. Watch slippery and Solihull win the play offs now!

It's looking like it'll be Oldham joining them too. That'll be the first ex premier league (as we know, football didn't exist before then) team to go into non league football.

I'd rather it were Stevenage though. That's one turd that definitely needs flushing down the u bend.

And Luton could be the first team to do it the other way around

Back
Top Bottom