National News Rishi Sunak

I would like to take things as far as Droitwich.

I would like to let Genghis Kahn and Frosty the snowman starve, and I would like to feed Huw Edwards and Kirsty Gallagher.
I'm not sure what to have for dinner tonight m, can we start with solving that problem? Can solve the rest on a full belly :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

I'm not sure what to have for dinner tonight m, can we start with solving that problem? Can solve the rest on a full belly :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

I'll have to work out how far away you are before I can let you know if I'm interested in helping.

You're a good lad @MustardYellow but surely the answer is that we try and solve our own problems as best we can (not easy) and we try and help resolve other global problems as best we can. The debate though is how much resource (cash, time, emotional investment) we devote individually and nationally to each one. That's where the discussion is. It's not about offering no help at all or trying to solve everything.
I agree. I don't necessarily have a problem with trying to help the rest of the world, I just think if we solved our problems first we'd be in a stronger position to offer better and more extensive help to everyone else. There's just something about our government and the public being outraged by people going hungry and without shelter elsewhere whilst some of us walk past homeless people on our commute to work.

I'll have to work out how far away you are before I can let you know if I'm interested in helping.
Not quite the Samaritan you make yourself out to be. Colour me shocked!

Most people aren't.

I agree. I don't necessarily have a problem with trying to help the rest of the world, I just think if we solved our problems first we'd be in a stronger position to offer better and more extensive help to everyone else. There's just something about our government and the public being outraged by people going hungry and without shelter elsewhere whilst some of us walk past homeless people on our commute to work.
Yeah but living it n the street in a tent is a lifestyle choice according to this government. They don't need our help, it's their choice. They're probably only hungry because they're spending all their money on crack or meths or something.

Just ask Suella Braverman.

The sad thing is our problems will never all be solved so with that in mind it means we would never help anyone elsewhere which cant be right.

And dont get me started on the issues of homelessness. You are absolutely right that it's an issue that needs far more focus and care. Many of these people have very complex needs and addictions and there is nowhere near enough support and help available.

• React
Reactions: QR
Yeah but living it n the street in a tent is a lifestyle choice according to this government. They don't need our help, it's their choice. They're probably only hungry because they're spending all their money on crack or meths or something.

Just ask Suella Braverman.
This government has had so many lows but that was among the worst. Lifestyle choice!!!!!!!!

Did we? Can you mention just a few?
Partition of India, Sykes-Picot accord (creation of Iraq, since unproblematic!), partition of Ireland. Favouring of Greece over Turkey at the collapse of the Ottoman Empire… One response, naturally, is ‘woke sensibilities’, probably one reason for the invention of ‘woke’ (shorthand for ‘we take no responsibility at all’.

An interesting, if slightly exaggerated for comedy affect record of Britain and our checkered history!

Screenshot_20240317_142020_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Partition of India, Sykes-Picot accord (creation of Iraq, since unproblematic!), partition of Ireland. Favouring of Greece over Turkey at the collapse of the Ottoman Empire… One response, naturally, is ‘woke sensibilities’, probably one reason for the invention of ‘woke’ (shorthand for ‘we take no responsibility at all’.
I agree with India.
Northern Ireland was a mess.
The Ottaman Empire goes back a bit.

I agree with India.
Northern Ireland was a mess.
The Ottaman Empire goes back a bit.
All countries have a history they can be less than proud of. I’d add the Indian famine and financing the slave trade as two big ones. The creation of concentration camps in the Boer War.

Obviously much in our history to be proud of too but there have been some pretty poor moments to say the least.

Yes but apart from that what have the romans eve done for us?

All countries have a history they can be less than proud of. I’d add the Indian famine and financing the slave trade as two big ones. The creation of concentration camps in the Boer War.

Obviously much in our history to be proud of too but there have been some pretty poor moments to say the least.
How could I forget the concentration camps of the Boer War. Interesting that as victors history gets brushed aside.
I recall Auschwitz having visited a few years ago and the conditions were on a par

Weren't we at the front and centre of the creation of the state of Israel? How's that going?
You’re right on that of course. I think the problems caused in 1919 with Ireland demonstrate our errors causing continual problems in the years ahead, and still unresolved to this day

Did we not also play a huge part in abolishing same? 🤷‍♂️

World was more peaceful when most of the globe was pink. ;)

Back
Top Bottom