National News Rishi Sunak

How many of you have actually read the Home Sec’s short article in the Times this week though? Not very inflammatory at all .

Police have clearly not been consistent in their stewardship of big demoes over recent years. We Brits don’t like inconsistency, it offends our very psyche of sense of fair play.

Her views are shared by half the country per the polls.

A big reason why there’ll be no sackings.

As to the marches themselves sure step out and protest whenever you want but don’t impede other British subjects from going about their lawful business. .

Personally I wouldn’t be wanting to share marching space with a number of inhuman scum who want to wipe out the western world (and especially on our national day of remembrance) but that’s your choice. It’s immoral to me .

How many of you have actually read the Home Sec’s short article in the Times this week though? Not very inflammatory at all .

Police have clearly not been consistent in their stewardship of big demoes over recent years. We Brits don’t like inconsistency, it offends our very psyche of sense of fair play.

As to the marches themselves sure step out and protest whenever you want but don’t impede other British subjects from going about their lawful business. .

Personally I wouldn’t be wanting to share marching space with a number of inhuman scum who want to wipe out the western world (and especially on our national day of remembrance) but that’s your choice. It’s immoral to me .

Let's sift through this all shall we!

Yes, I have read the article in full. It is inflammatory in a number of ways. It states that there is bias in policing and this is politically driven, whilst trying to force her own political bias on them.

She has continued to describe these matches as hate marches despite the fact that the vast majority are peaceful and calling for a ceasefire and the end to civilians and children being killed in Gaza. Of course there are a minority, but to lump everyone together for the actions of an ignorant few would be the same as calling that all football fans are racist because one makes monkey gestures.

And then there are the links to terrorism and likening this to Northern Ireland. This is extremely offensive and utterly stupid considering the political sensitivities and the fact that the peace process is still fragile there. The only way that anyone should like the situation in Gaza to the one in Ireland, is where this is done with hope for a peaceful future for all. See Fergal Sharkey on HIGNFY as an example of how words should be used.

Her views are not shared by half the country. 50% out of 2000 people surveyed did not think that marches should not happen during Armistice Day. But how many of them have believed politicians and the media who have been peddling the narrative that the marches are happening at the same time and place as remembrance services? Or believe that they really are hate marches that support Hamas? Suella Braverman does not speak for the silent majority. She speaks for her own political future and uses the ignorant and angry minority in the same way as Trump used the Proud Boys.

It's sad that people can't see that they're being played.

I have read the Times article and lots besides.

The Palestine marches today will have people with a wide array of views - many just calling for peace, some misguided and misinformed and a tiny minority with offensive and outrageous views. Should the latter step out of line and move to inciting hatred and violence then they should feel the full force of the law.

Personally, even if I was inclined to, I wouldn’t protest on armistice day. It is a profound day of reflection and thought. That said I wouldn’t object to others doing so if they feel compelled and if it is within the law. Freedom of speech (within parameters) is important and I get queasy with people telling other people what to do (within reason).

My objections with Braverman is that she takes a complex and nuanced situation and makes it simplistic. So instead of conceding that many on the Palestine protests will have an array of views she calls them “hate marches”. She winds people up (which is why we are having this conversation) which will only inflate the risk of violence and British citizens getting hurt. This is poor behaviour from our Home Secretary. This is just my view. Others are available.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
The only way that anyone should like the situation in Gaza to the one in Ireland, is where this is done with hope for a peaceful future for all. See Fergal Sharkey on HIGNFY as an example of how words should be used.
Ha! I saw that and thought Fergal Sharkey was superb

Unless you want to live in a North Korean Leftist utopia where everyone gets not a lot unless you are at the very top.

Yes, because a Communist dictatorship is obviously the only possible alternative to a selfish "I'm all right, Jack" worldview. You're presenting silly rightwing binaries, just like Suella.

Police have clearly not been consistent in their stewardship of big demoes over recent years.

I'm not seeing much evidence for that - just rightwingers playing the victim, as usual. I've heard plenty of stories of peaceful demonstrators (usually leftwing) getting kettled.

Circumstances might be different too. Perhaps lefties are capable of controlling their emotions rather better than Tommy Robinson and his fellow Neanderthals? Seems plausible to me - I went to one of the big Remain marches and the atmosphere was like an even-more-middle-class version of Glastonbury. Nobody was hating on anybody. Not sure the same could be said for your side's oh-so-respectful "protection" of the Cenotaph today.

Don't forget EssexYellows has said before that he only posts on here to get reactions from 'libtards' (his word). Whatever amuses you I suppose... but take what he says with a generous pinch of salt.

Don't forget EssexYellows has said before that he only posts on here to get reactions from 'libtards' (his word). Whatever amuses you I suppose... but take what he says with a generous pinch of salt.
Chip on the shoulder springs to mind

Chip on the shoulder springs to mind

Not at all, thank you.

I`m probably far more tolerant than many would credit based on a few typed words.

However life is about balance and keeping the majority of folk happy so, by default, some (a minority) will not be happy. 🤷‍♂️

Equally my views on social justice, work ethic and who is best placed to improve your "lot" in life might be different to many but very similar to others.

And that is where we swing back to politics, take out the flames of media highlighting whatever they deem a "crisis", and most people's lives are far better than they were in the 60`s, 70`s, 80`s etc, it's called progress but not everyone gets taken along.

First things first
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-67370421
Pahahahahaha! :ROFLMAO:

I wonder who the Tories will choose next from their vanishingly small talent pool puddle.

Very convenient for Govey to find himself a decent photo op of being "rescued" by the Rozzas from the baying mob at the weekend. Maybe he fancies a shot at it👀:unsure:

Alternatively . . . .
"Give it LeeAnderthal till the end of the season"
:ROFLMAO:

Looks like the new Home Sec is going to James 'Never Has Someone Been So Inappropriately Named' Cleverly.
Oh....good choice, good choice

Said no-one, ever.

Yet more evidence of the talent puddle.

So...Govey for FOSEC....or maybe leftfield, like Chope....or Francois :ROFLMAO:

So, Suella Braverman's scheme to become leader of the Tory party as a "hard right" candidate takes another step towards the ultimate goal. Sunak is getting increasing short of friends at the top table to put into cabinet jobs. I wonder if Cameron is mad enough to get back into bed with the current occupants........

And because Cameron isn't an MP they will have to quickly make him a member of the House of Lords if they want him to be a minister.

Desperate.

Wow, when Cameron walked out of that car, not even an MP but now Foreign Secretary….. must be such a dearth of talent that Rishi could not find an elected person to take the post. Big lurchtothe centre

Back
Top Bottom