National News Rishi Sunak

25 to a house? You seem to have lost it.

Ah yes, the Londoners moved out of East London because they were racist. Of course. Madness.

I said west London. That was one reason, given to me by numerous people. I wouldn't say they are racist, just felt more comfortable amongst people who looked like them. They also moved out because they got bigger houses and made money.

I was joking with the 25, but you know that, you are losing the argument so you have thrown the toys out of the pram. Madness.

A bit off topic but my grandad's mate reckons part of the reason people my age struggle with housing is because they only date people around their age.

An odd theory I know. I was in awe of his thought process.

Housing for young people really is a huge problem. My lad and his partner have lived in their flat for several years and have been saving up for a house deposit. The landlady has decided to sell up, so they have to move out. They looked at buying the flat themselves, but the existing lease is short and the price being asked is too much (much too much) in the light of that. The flats they have been going to look at to move in to have been hugely expensive and bloody awful. Supply and demand and all that I suppose. When they do find one, it will cost them more then they pay at present (even for worse accommodation) and thus will make saving up for somewhere themselves even harder - and of course the price of buying somewhere is also going up a the same time.

I don't envy people looking to get their first house' or even trying to find decent accommodation at a sensible price at the moment.

I can't think of any other criteria than age though, if we are going to be treated as cattle in Essex yellows dystopian society their have to be some rules? Perhaps train up to work in the human slaughterhouses to increase the benefits you bring to society? Bit of a grim job but you will only be following orders.

Base it on years of useful employment.

All the beggars and dole-ites would be first.

Those who have always worked and never claimed get a Golden Ticket.

PS: Guess who is a trained slaughterman (Retired) ? :)

PPS: It isn`t a pleasant job.

If you take a bit of every political party we all might get somewhere........... she`s right.
It's the reason I've never joined a political party. None of them have all the answers and all of them will (have to) betray their real beliefs in defence of the 'party line'. It gets in the way of good decision making. You either vote for self, selfishness and greed and live in a s**t world that's getting shittier or you vote for a less than perfect attempt to bring a bit of fairness back into proceedings.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is there no irony whatsoever about a Prime Minister that never won a general election lecturing us on how his opponent is arrogant thinking he’ll walk into 10 Downing Street…….

I'd also add there is no irony from him using Birmingham Council's bankruptcy considering the Tories record in Woking (£1.2bn debt for not a large authority) and Northamptonshire. Or that a big chunk of austerity got pushed on to Local Authorities.

Consider the place of Grenfell Tower located under the control of a Tory authority (South Kensington?). Organise an Enquiry, chaired by an ‘independent’ aiming to get to the ‘facts’. Shabby cheap building materials responsible?; or maybe start with blaming the Firefighters.. This Administration , like previous ones, is rotten to the core but well able to distract/confuse. Reducing the issue to so-called efficient/inefficient Authorities is failing to grasp the point.

It's the reason I've never joined a political party. None of them have all the answers and all of them will (have to) betray their real beliefs in defence of the 'party line'. It's gets in the way of good decision making. You either vote for self, selfish and greed and live in a s**t world that's getting shittier or you vote for a less than perfect attempt to bring a bit of fairness back into proceedings.

Under the current system people vote for their own best interest influenced by many factors. Its called life.

If we could vote "for the greater good" we would have a hybrid parliament where decisions are made in the best interests of the people.

That would be far too fair & equitable to ever happen.

Under the current system people vote for their own best interest influenced by many factors. Its called life.

If we could vote "for the greater good" we would have a hybrid parliament where decisions are made in the best interests of the people.

That would be far too fair & equitable to ever happen.
It’s actually worse than that. Currently lots of people actively have to vote in opposition to what they don’t want rather than voting for what they do want.

I live in west Oxford so I have a pig in a rosette Tory sitting as my MP and no chance of shifting him. In a proper election I would expect to be able to choose where to cast my vote based on the party that is campaigning on things I am most aligned with, instead I have to vote Lib Dem just to try and get the tories out.

We have a dreadful form of governance that on the whole suits the two main parties and isn’t, despite all assurances to the contrary, democratic.

It’s actually worse than that. Currently lots of people actively have to vote in opposition to what they don’t want rather than voting for what they do want.

I live in west Oxford so I have a pig in a rosette Tory sitting as my MP and no chance of shifting him. In a proper election I would expect to be able to choose where to cast my vote based on the party that is campaigning on things I am most aligned with, instead I have to vote Lib Dem just to try and get the tories out.

We have a dreadful form of governance that on the whole suits the two main parties and isn’t, despite all assurances to the contrary, democratic.

When we were in the City it was the same with red pigs in rosettes.

Out in the County its true blue. :)

Although the District Councillors are both Green Party and do a really good job as do the Parish bods.

Well, to build space for 130,000 at a population density similar to Blackbird Leys (which I would say is too dense), you'd need 86 square miles of land. That's about 2 Disney Worlds. Or, just smaller than Edinburgh.

So, we build on 86 square miles of land in Oxfordshire. What then? What happens when it is immediately flooded with ex-Londoners? House prices won't drop, infrastructure won't improve, there will be an influx effect.

Studies show that building roads simply encourages more traffic onto them, which solves the problem in the very short term but then exacerbates the problem in the mid to long term. What happens in 10 years when people want even more housing? Do we just build more and more? When do we stop?

"Character" is a finite resource - when it's gone, it's gone.
So how dense is the housing in Edinburgh. They have a population of over half a million

An interesting, if slightly exaggerated for comedy affect record of Britain and our checkered history!

View attachment 18399
This is such a tedious trope. I can't imagine how insufferable James Felton is,

Cherry picking evidence to make a nation look bad is a pretty disgusting thing to do, if he wrote this about any other nation it would be rightly labelled as racist.

If the moral police are coming for nations, Turkey is in big trouble. Notice how Felton won't pick on countries currently being bellends like Saudi Arabia.

Conclusion: the author is a bellend, and people who are desparate to self-flagellate about their countries history are likely bellends too.

Cherry picking evidence to make a nation look bad is a pretty disgusting thing to do, if he wrote this about any other nation it would be rightly labelled as racist.

If the moral police are coming for nations, Turkey is in big trouble. Notice how Felton won't pick on countries currently being bellends like Saudi Arabia.

Conclusion: the author is a bellend, and people who are desparate to self-flagellate about their countries history are likely bellends too.

Conclusion: Someone can't take a joke!!

• React
Reactions: QR

Top of the front page says "I absolutely loved it" - James O'Brien

... I think that's the self-flagellation rubber stamp! That guy absolutely loves getting frothy about literally any topic.

Top of the front page says "I absolutely loved it" - James O'Brien

... I think that's the self-flagellation rubber stamp! That guy absolutely loves getting frothy about literally any topic.
It would be useful to have a list of everything that turnip James O'Brien likes so I can avoid consuming it.

If J'OB hates living here so much, I'll pay for his plane ticket for him to go and do his self-entitled moaning elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom