National News Rishi Sunak

It’s your highly politicised perception that he’s useless, it’s a fact that centralised funding has decreased, making it harder to efficiently provide the multitude of services required for a growing population.
We need to massively increase public spending and seriously limit immigration.

We need to massively increase public spending and seriously limit immigration.
I agree with half of that. There are huge gaps in the jobs market we need to fill particularly in the NHS and care. This is a genuine question and not sarcasm but how would you go about filling them without immigration. To mitigate the impact of immigration we need massive investment in infrastructure but we needed to do that when interest rates were low

It’s your highly politicised perception that he’s useless, it’s a fact that centralised funding has decreased, making it harder to efficiently provide the multitude of services required for a growing population.
Its just not me who thinks that though Ronaldo.

He seems to have lots of money in his budget for banal virtue signalling projects. And he likes to dig up roads. And then introduce pointless road furniture. That must cost a few quid too.

Then £6 million on the Overground Line rebranding Now I’m not averse to a bit of rebranding but £6 million?

The fact that centralized budget might have decreased -( has it? , the Mayors precept on my council tax bill always seemed to be rising), isn’t really the point, it’s the way he’s spaffing it.

I agree with half of that. There are huge gaps in the jobs market we need to fill particularly in the NHS and care. This is a genuine question and not sarcasm but how would you go about filling them without immigration. To mitigate the impact of immigration we need massive investment in infrastructure but we needed to do that when interest rates were low
In the nicest possible way, it isn't my job to work that out. I'm not a high ranking civil servant or politician.

My amateurish ideas would include taking steps to reduce the draw of universities and "level up" apprenticeships in numbers, and increase apprenticeship pay to encourage retraining.

The NHS also needs total reform, massive cuts across middle management levels and increases in pay for real workers. That's in the government's control.

Points based immigration system that is flexible, adaptable and lets in people that we need in a controlled and legal manner.

Its not "purely down to immigration" that we need infrastructure investment.

We need to talk about population growth but nobody wants too............... because it drives capitalism & consumerism and is also fudging the planet.

Those of us who will be carbon in 30 or 40 years are thinking feck it I`ll buy the Aston Martin and die happy. :ROFLMAO:

In the nicest possible way, it isn't my job to work that out. I'm not a high ranking civil servant or politician.

My amateurish ideas would include taking steps to reduce the draw of universities and "level up" apprenticeships in numbers, and increase apprenticeship pay to encourage retraining.

The NHS also needs total reform, massive cuts across middle management levels and increases in pay for real workers. That's in the government's control.

Yep!

Not everyone is academic and the way apprenticeships in practical skills hasn`t kept up with University places is shocking.

The NHS is an untouchable entity - any Government is scared of it. It would consume all our GDP and still want more.

Not so sure about culling the middle management level pen pushers ........ at least for the next 5 years. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yep!

Not everyone is academic and the way apprenticeships in practical skills hasn`t kept up with University places is shocking.

The NHS is an untouchable entity - any Government is scared of it. It would consume all our GDP and still want more.

Not so sure about culling the middle management level pen pushers ........ at least for the next 5 years. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I read something the other day about how we need something like 250,000 construction workers to keep up with demand up to 2027.

We're also on the verge of a collapse in services jobs in certain sectors (lawyers and accountants) with the rise of AI.

It's a golden opportunity to push youngsters into active, healthier, well paying, alternative careers. It just needs some foresight.

Its just not me who thinks that though Ronaldo.

He seems to have lots of money in his budget for banal virtue signalling projects. And he likes to dig up roads. And then introduce pointless road furniture. That must cost a few quid too.

Then £6 million on the Overground Line rebranding Now I’m not averse to a bit of rebranding but £6 million?

The fact that centralized budget might have decreased -( has it? , the Mayors precept on my council tax bill always seemed to be rising), isn’t really the point, it’s the way he’s spaffing it.
Of course government central funding has decreased. Surely any Tory councillor could tell us that? Whad’ya reckon?

I read something the other day about how we need something like 250,000 construction workers to keep up with demand up to 2027.

We're also on the verge of a collapse in services jobs in certain sectors (lawyers and accountants) with the rise of AI.

It's a golden opportunity to push youngsters into active, healthier, well paying, alternative careers. It just needs some foresight.
Don’t get on to AI. It scares the s**t out of me

I don’t disagree with the sentiment but a quarter of a million extra people working in one industry, trained and operational in less than 3 years without immigration is pie in the sky.

First off you need government will, then you need money to train then you need a workforce ready and wanting to be trained and then you need the companies ready and willing to take on those new staff …I genuinely think getting 10% of that from what we have at the moment would be miraculous

First off you need government will, then you need money to train then you need a workforce ready and wanting to be trained and then you need the companies ready and willing to take on those new staff …I genuinely think getting 10% of that from what we have at the moment would be miraculous

What timescale would you give Labour to achieve this?

Surely a man in your position has some actual insight here, beyond not being able to see the failings of your own political lords after 14 years?
I would say even Tory voters must admit they’ve been a total disaster

I don’t disagree with the sentiment but a quarter of a million extra people working in one industry, trained and operational in less than 3 years without immigration is pie in the sky.

Yeah that is totally pie in the sky, but that isn't what I was saying at all.

I wasn't proposing anything when I said that, just identifying it as a great opportunity to funnel our own young people into different, active skilled work.

The workforce "ready and wanting" to change and companies "ready and willing" was what I was getting at with what I actually did say, which is that we need to shake up universities and apprenticeships.

Yeah that is totally pie in the sky, but that isn't what I was saying at all.

I wasn't proposing anything when I said that, just identifying it as a great opportunity to funnel our own young people into different, active skilled work.

The workforce "ready and wanting" to change and companies "ready and willing" was what I was getting at with what I actually did say, which is that we need to shake up universities and apprenticeships.
The workforce required by this country will change beyond recognition over the next 15 years. It’s scary.

The workforce required by this country will change beyond recognition over the next 15 years. It’s scary.
Which would be very exciting, if it was not for the dystopian "enslavement" vibes you get from Apple headsets, universal basic income, and AI bosses...

but how would you go about filling them without immigration.
Subsidised University fees based on the needs of the job market or the economic strategy of the government. Makes absolutely no sense to me that someone studying English Literature should get the same subsidised tuition fees as someone studying to be a doctor.

If we need Nurses or Engineers, then their tuition is mostly covered by the taxpayer rather than the current blanket rate, so instead, they may pay £3,000 a year, or even nothing.

If we don't need or want Historians, the taxpayer subsides very little, so higher rates (or at least the same rate as is currently applied)

Back
Top Bottom