Prostate Cancer

All the best with your treatment. I doubt there are many better places to be than Oxford when things like this come calling.
I agree Oxford are right up there, but I’ve been lucky to be a beneficiary of the NHS in Surrey….Frimley Park.

• React
Reactions: QR
All the best, Peter. Speedy recovery wished here.

As always, keep chatting with us reprobates if it helps. Sometimes a meaningless internet argument about who should play at left wing for the next game is the kind of medicine we all need for whatever we’re going though.
Couldn’t agree more

No experience and you already know what the NHS can do & does. Hope everything goes well for you.

Best of luck with your treatment. You’ll be in good hands here in Oxford.

Thanks bazzer. You’re quite right. After my diagnosis I was actually glad to take time of the Saturday game…and they won 2-0

Thanks bazzer. You’re quite right. After my diagnosis I was actually glad to take time of the Saturday game…and they won 2-0
My Father in Law has Prostate cancer but as he has dementia it was difficult to get a scan his PSA is high but last week he had a bone scan. He won’t have treatment and at 87 years old and with his dimentia it’s probably the right thing.

What needs to be done is for every Male once they reach the age of 40 to have a regular blood test to check their PSA.

As I said mate I do wish you well.

My Father in Law has Prostate cancer but as he has dementia it was difficult to get a scan his PSA is high but last week he had a bone scan. He won’t have treatment and at 87 years old and with his dimentia it’s probably the right thing.

What needs to be done is for every Male once they reach the age of 40 to have a regular blood test to check their PSA.

As I said mate I do wish you well.

Sorry to hear that Bazzer. Dementia is an utterly horrible illness and having Prostate Cancer on top must be so hard.

Sorry to hear that Bazzer. Dementia is an utterly horrible illness and having Prostate Cancer on top must be so hard.
Horrible mate the wife is over there more than at how m, he rings throughout the early hours in the morning between 3 am and 5 am asking silly things like why can’t he get tipping point thinking it’s early evening.
No one should ever laugh at dementia as it could hit any of us and experiencing as I am it’s horrible.
Such an active man up until about 10 years ago and only slowed down because of age and then the last few months he was diagnosed about 75% senile dementia and how more and r less full 100%.
But please Gentlemen if you are 50 or over even younger have a blood test and check to see if you prostate is ok.

Hopping on the thread. I do agree dementia is seriously bad especially the vascular version. I agree there is a need to get PSA tests done especially if it runs in the family. A challenge I think presents itself is that it was a taboo subject. I found that my uncle had been treated for prostate at 60…I only found out long after he had passed.
There’s certainly been great progress made. Jeff Stelling should get a knighthood in recognition for all the hard work he’s done to help the cause

Last edited:
Horrible mate the wife is over there more than at how m, he rings throughout the early hours in the morning between 3 am and 5 am asking silly things like why can’t he get tipping point thinking it’s early evening.
No one should ever laugh at dementia as it could hit any of us and experiencing as I am it’s horrible.
Such an active man up until about 10 years ago and only slowed down because of age and then the last few months he was diagnosed about 75% senile dementia and how more and r less full 100%.
But please Gentlemen if you are 50 or over even younger have a blood test and check to see if you prostate is ok.
My aunt on my fathers side had Alzheimer’s. On my mothers side my uncle had it after looking after his wife who had it for four years. He ended up in the same care home in Hillingdon. The amount of money to look after patients has spiralled out of control and is now several thousands of pounds a month.

My aunt on my fathers side had Alzheimer’s. On my mothers side my uncle had it after looking after his wife who had it for four years. He ended up in the same care home in Hillingdon. The amount of money to look after patients has spiralled out of control and is now several thousands of pounds a month.
75k per year for new care home in Carterton

75k per year for new care home in Carterton
Simply awful. Ok if you have the money. I’m aware that many require a lot of care, but there is not the level of care, that’s worn the NHS are called upon. My friend is in a care home in Kidlington and he has used most of his savings up, down to £40000, and not long before state support cuts in. He’s an OUFC fan but now in hospital

My Dad is in a care home also in Kidlington he is paying over £90.000 having worked all his life and paid he's taxes never asking the government for anything he will run out of cash eventually. I hope things go well for you Peter with your treatment.

Back
Top Bottom