Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very pertinent observations. It's a tough position for OxVox to be in. It may be that our new owners have no interest in liaising with the supporters' trust and wouldn't consider involving OxVox at all in club business. This would be a mistake, in my opinion, and would be disrespectful to OUFC supporters, but it may be the case.

If the board / owners ARE happy to interact with OxVox there can be no guarantee that questions asked - even if they're as comprehensive as supporters would like - will be accurately and completely answered.

All OxVox can reasonably do is ask the questions they and their membership want answered and pass on any response fully.
OxVox works tirelessly for the supporters of the Club. We should all be very appreciative of that. It would immeasurably strengthen their arm if more supporters joined. At present they have around 1000 members, which given that we have a core fan base of around 4/5,000 is pretty poor. For a modest sum you can become a life member. The larger the membership the more clout OxVox has inside the tent. But you are right. I know that OxVox do have good access to the club on many matters but when it comes to the big issues which are invariably surrounded by confidentially agreements, embargos and information given only on a "need to know" basis, it's very difficult to get accurate information particularly knowing it would likely be passed on to the membership. It's quite unfair for fans to expect otherwise. But if you are not a member then I urge you to join. The more representative OxVox is of the fan base as a whole the greater will be its ability to influence events.

Old news.

The actual development is far smaller than originally proposed. Bit of a shame as it would have been a perfect site and opportunity for both stadium and entertainment complex.

Is that the triangle land between the A34, A40 and A44?

I'm guessing the a40 link road to the
Peartree roundabout has also been dropped aswell.
Don't know about that, off the top of my head. It will change the approach road layout to Stratfield Brake a little. Going to be a lot of work done in that area.

Should probably read the thread before posting but is it actually being spoken about building a new ground? I remember rumours of Bicester a while back and I couldn't think of anything worse and I live in Bicester.

Should probably read the thread before posting but is it actually being spoken about building a new ground? I remember rumours of Bicester a while back and I couldn't think of anything worse and I live in Bicester.

Those really ITK are saying we are redeveloping GR with a replica of any of the following grounds...... Brentford, Fenerbache, Bursaspor, Someone`s 3D computer studies homework, Stadium MK, The Ricoh or Wembley.

We`ve got this!

Don't know about that, off the top of my head. It will change the approach road layout to Stratfield Brake a little. Going to be a lot of work done in that area.

Yes plus the extra homes being built at Eynsham, Cassington,Begbroke, Yarnton, Water Eaton, Oxford North, and Woodstock means there will be an extra 20k people within 10 miles of Stratfield Brake if we do indeed build a stadium.

Yes plus the extra homes being built at Eynsham, Cassington,Begbroke, Yarnton, Water Eaton, Oxford North, and Woodstock means there will be an extra 20k people within 10 miles of Stratfield Brake if we do indeed build a stadium.
Whatever will they all do on a Saturday afternoon?

Now I'm not au-fait with the geography of North Oxford, but isn't that development just a stones throw away from the sites being touted on here?

Bet they’ll all leave after 70 minutes if we’re losing though.

As long as there are bums on the seats and they are giving the club extra money, I couldn't care less when they decide to leave or if they are as loyal as us.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Now I'm not au-fait with the geography of North Oxford, but isn't that development just a stones throw away from the sites being touted on here?
Nope.
Stratfield Brake is north of Peartree adjacent to Kidlington Village.

The good thing about the rail seats used for some safe standing is that they can be locked down as seats for competitions that insist on all seaters. But if/when safe standing is allowed they can be converted to a terrace. In short, if we're going to build a new stadium we'd be incredibly short sighted to not include an element of safe standing in the capacity.

Timely update on this: https://thefsa.org.uk/news/manchester-city-to-install-more-than-5000-rail-seats/

Man City are installing over 5,000 rail seats, enabling them to allow safe standing when the time comes!

For what it is worth, two images of current Kassam Footprint (roughly):
Kassam footprint.jpg
compared with Stratfield Brake:
Stratfield Brake.jpg
The scale is the same for both pictures (see bottom rh corner).

Last edited:
You can have a fans voice but if a person/persons suggest they are going to do a b c for example build a new stadium and the alternative is another nightmare with the current landlord then who holds the Aces?

if there is to be excitement over a new stadium then for me it matters not unless the on field funding is maintained/increased

I mentioned before once you have a retail complex then why would you need an Oxford United

Should and once the consortium pulls out then what is in it for any new prospective Owner other than like now a loss making football club? Are you then not just left with another DE scenario who despite his efforts always was open that he could not sustain things going forward.

We always have "5 year plans " or similar yet the Owner/s rarely stay long enough to see it through

In the main engagement with the fans has been very low key, Mark Ashton was probably the best and understood the fans (in my experience anyway)

A possible rail link to Carterton could mean a new stop at Stratfield Brake Halt,........just thinking!

Old news.

The actual development is far smaller than originally proposed. Bit of a shame as it would have been a perfect site and opportunity for both stadium and entertainment complex.
Yes I appreciate that but thought it might be good in helping facilitate infrastructure improvements if the new stadium is going to be in relatively close proximity e.g. “Oxfordshire County Council is supporting this work with a significant series of upgrades to the A40 to make cycling, walking and bus travel safe and attractive to residents as part of our overall commitment to the decarbonisation of the county.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom