Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Grenoble Road has been mentioned, I find it strange that the South Oxford Business Village project was going full tilt in the press and media until about a year ago when Tiger and Co first mooted their wishes for a new ground and since then, hardly a peep............

One thing the stadium has going for it is space. How many clubs are having to move because they simply don't have the room to add in any extra seats because the stadium backs onto a main road or a block of houses? We can build the West Stand, fill in the corners and extend all the stands if needs be (with only the North stand being a potential space issue).

I think there are two simple things that can make the stadium feel more like 'home'. And they are changing all the seats to yellow & having OUFC mosaiced into the seats, and naming our stands after our club legends. I'd rather sit in the 'Graham Atkinson Grandstand' than the 'South Stand Upper'.

One thing the stadium has going for it is space. How many clubs are having to move because they simply don't have the room to add in any extra seats because the stadium backs onto a main road or a block of houses? We can build the West Stand, fill in the corners and extend all the stands if needs be (with only the North stand being a potential space issue).

I think there are two simple things that can make the stadium feel more like 'home'. And they are changing all the seats to yellow & having OUFC mosaiced into the seats, and naming our stands after our club legends. I'd rather sit in the 'Graham Atkinson Grandstand' than the 'South Stand Upper'.

In one of the corners we could build a replica of that little stand we had at the Manor in the corner, between Cuckoo Lane and Beech Road.

In one of the corners we could build a replica of that little stand we had at the Manor in the corner, between Cuckoo Lane and Beech Road.
That was the old dressing room stand, where the trusty ground clock was.
Later became The Manor Club, food and bar before matches and the players came in after the game. The first bar Stewart was Stan Webb who also ran the young players hostel in Beech Road

That quaint little stand at the Cuckoo Lane End.

DorRcwhXUAAmmPd

Section C1 : The pitch area UEFA standard pitch dimensions are 105m x 68m. There should also be a verge (grass or artificial turf) with a minimum width of 1.5m around the full perimeter. These dimensions are now accepted worldwide and should be regarded as mandatory. Both UEFA and FIFA also require an outer perimeter area to be left between the edge of the pitch and the first row of seats. Further information on regulation distances is available elsewhere, but the general principle is that the crowd should be as close as possible to the touch line, yet far enough away to ensure the safety and free movement of players and match officials. In practical terms, this means that there should be a gap of approximately 7.5m behind the goal line and 6m behind the sidelines. Hence the total minimum area required for the pitch and surrounding area, up to the first row of seats, is 120m x 80m. For major events or high profile matches, where a greater media presence can be expected, this should be extended to 125m x 85m.

Interesting, EY. Cheers.

bit odd that they call them stands when the stewards make you sit ?

Jim Smith Stand (South)
12th Man Stand (East)
South Midland Heating Services Stand (North)
The West Sty Stand (West, if it ever gets built for away fans and a nod to our Pighill "friends").

Job done. ? (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom