Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buying the Kassam and the stadium footprint to include the carparks ..... with the loose change from the consortiums sofa......
But the consortium are not the kind of people to throw good money at an awful stadium unless they can make a very good return.
Reading all of the threads going would you seriously prefer the owners buying the Kassam or build a brand new stadium?

Just throw this out there
Not sure if it has been mentioned before but what about the area next to the training ground currently owned by BMW or the area next to Unipart house( not sure who owns that)

But the consortium are not the kind of people to throw good money at an awful stadium unless they can make a very good return.
Reading all of the threads going would you seriously prefer the owners buying the Kassam or build a brand new stadium?

The consortium will be gone before most of us, we are the only constant at the Club.

Would I like to see us at a ground in the City with a few decent pubs within walking distance......... or a mostly empty "super stadium" on a retail park like Stadium MK?

I`ve said it before that the current site is large & adaptable enough to offer a return for the board if they are shrewd enough.
It may not return as much as a greenfield site but comes with a lot less "angst" attached.
Find a site, get the planning, fight the objections, adapt the planning, appeal the planning, start work, finish it........ 10 years or more?
Or throw some cash at FK and rebuild on the current footprint (look at it on GE it`s huge!) with no problems in 3-5 years?

The consortium will be gone before most of us, we are the only constant at the Club.

Would I like to see us at a ground in the City with a few decent pubs within walking distance......... or a mostly empty "super stadium" on a retail park like Stadium MK?

I`ve said it before that the current site is large & adaptable enough to offer a return for the board if they are shrewd enough.
It may not return as much as a greenfield site but comes with a lot less "angst" attached.
Find a site, get the planning, fight the objections, adapt the planning, appeal the planning, start work, finish it........ 10 years or more?
Or throw some cash at FK and rebuild on the current footprint (look at it on GE it`s huge!) with no problems in 3-5 years?
That doesn’t sound mad to me, but quite a few people claiming to be strongly itk deny it’s the plan. One issue with redeveloping is where do you play for the year or two that the work takes?

That doesn’t sound mad to me, but quite a few people claiming to be strongly itk deny it’s the plan. One issue with redeveloping is where do you play for the year or two that the work takes?

The whole grenoble site including all the bowlplex, overflow car park, stadium Is valued at over 50 million by Mr Kassam. Yes they could buy it and redevelop the whole site and maximise their profits but it would be easier and more money to be made from a new site.

Planning isn't the same as it was in the 90s, there has to be a general reason why a planning application Is refused, it can't just be we don't want it on our doorstep.

Look at all the housing sites being built on the greenbelt and half of them only take a couple of years in the planning.

Build the West (Home Fans) then work your way around filling the corners/rebuilding/refurbishing or doing whatever they fancy.
Maybe I`m not adventurous enough, but knowing how the performances on the pitch go, who fancies another Stadium MK in League 1 or 2 or worse..........?

The whole grenoble site including all the bowlplex, overflow car park, stadium Is valued at over 50 million by Mr Kassam. Yes they could buy it and redevelop the whole site and maximise their profits but it would be easier and more money to be made from a new site.

Planning isn't the same as it was in the 90s, there has to be a general reason why a planning application Is refused, it can't just be we don't want it on our doorstep.

Look at all the housing sites being built on the greenbelt and half of them only take a couple of years in the planning.

How long has it taken to get the planning in place for the other side of Grenoble road?
The pre-development trial trenching has been done and there aren`t any signs of anything starting anytime soon.....

Yeah I dont know about the costs and opportunities, I don’t really have a view. I’m biased as I can walk to the current ground but I can see access would be better at Parkway.

How long has it taken to get the planning in place for the other side of Grenoble road?
The pre-development trial trenching has been done and there aren`t any signs of anything starting anytime soon.....

3000 houses on green belt is a bit different to a mixed leisure and retail application. Not to mention the only reason them houses haven't started yet is south oxon has refused the local plan and its for government to decide.

Just because an application hasn't been submitted yet by the club does not mean nothing has been ongoing in the background.

I can't give away my source but I do believe we have agreed a deal on land and we have surveyed the land and may even have drawings made up. Application to go in by the end of the year, consortium stepping in for Tiger as its their money paying for and they also have to be on the board for when the application goes in.

3000 houses on green belt is a bit different to a mixed leisure and retail application. Not to mention the only reason them houses haven't started yet is south oxon has refused the local plan and its for government to decide.

Just because an application hasn't been submitted yet by the club does not mean nothing has been ongoing in the background.

I can't give away my source but I do believe we have agreed a deal on land and we have surveyed the land and may even have drawings made up. Application to go in by the end of the year, consortium stepping in for Tiger as its their money paying for and they also have to be on the board for when the application goes in.

This sounds pretty feasible to me, to much chatter about this scenario not to have some truth in it.

I did find myself worrying about how I will get to the new ground, park etc then I thought f**k me it’s years away, stop being a fanny 😂

Cheers for that.... and to @Colin B for the ITK "like". :)

I can`t exactly recall how long the Minchery Farm leisure & retail planning process was?
Obviously our financial failings stalled things for longer than expected!
I accept (hope!) this is less likely to happen this time around.
(y)

All I ask is that we have affordable tickets not like Peterborough or Gillingham
Yellow seats with oufc in blue
Comfortable seats not like the plastic crap we have at the moment
A low roof so the atmosphere doesn’t just disappear
Closed in corners to keep the sound in
And decent food and beer inside the ground
That’s not to much to ask for is it 😝

Yellow seats with oufc in blue
Comfortable seats not like the plastic crap we have at the moment

A blue and yellow mixture like Brentfords will be more then likely. Its something to do with a requirement to host ladies football, now you may think big deal but if we were to host a couple of the women's international world Cup or euro games it could be worth big money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom