General Possible milestones

Marked Ox

God like member

James Henry only needs to slightly better this last season and he'd match or overtake 10th spot in the all time goalscorer for the club. The biggest surprise is the 10th highest goalscorer is Matt Murphy, another player that probably got some unfair criticism.

Albeit, James Henry could then get usurped by Matty Taylor.

I think Matt will pass James but James will pass Matt…..alright I’ll get my coat

Matt Murphy had a fabulous scoring record, you'd not see much of him in a game then suddenly he'd appear late in the box, completely unmarked, and score.

He got way more stick than he ever deserved.
It was because he had a weird run.

That half-volley at Reading was good though.

EDIT: Snap @Berliner

Matt Murphy had a fabulous scoring record, you'd not see much of him in a game then suddenly he'd appear late in the box, completely unmarked, and score.

He got way more stick than he ever deserved.
didn't Denis Smith sub him about 5 minutes after bringing him on?

Never could understand all the stick he got

It was because he had a weird run.

That volley at Reading was good though.

I think it was because he was part of the squad through our decline as well which meant some people blamed him as it was easier to do that than the mess we were off the pitch.

He was always a good squad player and from memory gave us something different.

I think it was because he was part of the squad through our decline as well which meant some people blamed him as it was easier to do that than the mess we were off the pitch.
He did have a weird run, though.

Passed like one too
WVad4F.gif

Well that's the goal celebration sorted for when we beat Sunderland next year...

Matt Murphy was a great finisher but not a particularly good midfielder as I recall, didn’t have the passing and crossing of James Henry. Oddly he had almost no career before or after us

Jon Narbett, he was the one who ran with his elbows out if I recall?

Contrary to many people I liked Matt Murphy. Always thought he could do more but his shooting record was up there with many of the best

Back
Top Bottom