Pleasant dividend ...

It's a good bit of income, better than cash in a bank

Do you understand the value of a stock goes down when it goes ex - div? So for instance stock worth £100 and goes ex div £5 a share. All things being equal, stock now worth £95 and you get a £5 dividend. So still £100 overall.

Do you understand the value of a stock goes down when it goes ex - div? So for instance stock worth £100 and goes ex div £5 a share. All things being equal, stock now worth £95 and you get a £5 dividend. So still £100 overall.
Yes and will hopefully gain. Stocks rise after ex-divs you know...

L&Gen for example, went down a few % for me on ex div, but now up higher than before.

If you own shares In a company with £100 cash and pays you a dividend of £5. The shares is in the company are now worth £95 and you have £5.
Nope, don't get it. The shares are trading at the same price, I have just received £27 dividend, the shares are still worth the same price, actually, no, they've gone up. My shares, which paid me £27, have gone up in value. As in, they are worth more than yesterday, as in more than were valued before they paid a dividend. If I were to sell them, I would have more than I would have before they paid a dividend.

What am I missing?

Nice dividend of 4.8% on CTY should net around £125.00
I just let the dividend come in shares and leave them to grow.
MNG is a revelation and there is bid interest built in
Over the longer term will be nice

Back
Top Bottom