Oxford vs Tranmere 1965

LeftSideLarry

Nice find, this.

Frank Bough visits The Manor Ground for a match vs Tranmere Rovers in January1965. 40 minutes of highlights!

This is well before my time, but there are doubtless some whom frequent this forum that were there.

In the comments for that, not seen this clip either, Oxford v Sunderland from 1973...

Footage of Oxford 2 Liverpool 2 from 1985. The only point we have managed to take off them. The footage is notable for two things, firstly that abomination of a fence which we were subjected to during our stay in the top flight which went all around the ground and was topped with barbed wire, and for the comical own goal set up by Rosie which gave us a late equaliser.

Nice find, this.

Frank Bough visits The Manor Ground for a match vs Tranmere Rovers in January1965. 40 minutes of highlights!

This is well before my time, but there are doubtless some whom frequent this forum that were there.

Must have been there, but slipped my memory. This was after our great run in '64. The Cuckoo Lane end looked so shallow! Perhaps we can have another good run starting Saturday.

Footage of Oxford 2 Liverpool 2 from 1985. The only point we have managed to take off them. The footage is notable for two things, firstly that abomination of a fence which we were subjected to during our stay in the top flight which went all around the ground and was topped with barbed wire, and for the comical own goal set up by Rosie which gave us a late equaliser.

Lovely little Les Philips kick to the face going unpunished there too... standard fayre for those days from Les

Thoroughly enjoyable game as they all were that year. I think there were supporters clambering in the roof to get a view as they couldn’t get in

Thoroughly enjoyable game as they all were that year. I think there were supporters clambering in the roof to get a view as they couldn’t get in
oooof - Gary Briggs in his prime

thst Oxford tean never got bullied or out physicaled by any opposition

proper , old fashioned, no prisoners tackling - it was a mans game back then

Last edited:
Nice find, this.

I was there, nearly 7 years old.
The run in to the end of the season was incredible, beating Darlington 1-0 with another Cyril Beavon penalty. I was on the wall just to the right of the goal London Road end.
We had so many goalscorers
Colin Booth 23 in 45
Graham Atkinson 12 in 18
Bill Calder 12 in 24
John Fahy 10 in 11 AMAZING
Tony Jones and others also chipped in.
Great scenes on the pitch at the end of the Darlington game.

I was there, London Road end. Harrington was my hero in those days. I was 16. Thanks so much for posting it--eeh, it fair teks you back, doesn't it!