General Online merchandise sales

Was on the online store earlier but could not find anything worth buying that I did not already have.
Club should launch the new kit ASAP, especially in the current circumstances and the play offs!
maybe a restock of this seasons away shirt in popular (long Out of stock) sizes, in time for the playoffs would be good?

”From Monday we will begin dispatching recent purchases, this includes the NHS promotional shirts – thank you for your patience as we look to fulfil all orders.”

Looked on the online shop today as I ordered a shirt a while back and the notice was up again saying the warehouse was closed. They said they would be dispatching orders from last Monday I believe, so are they open or closed.

Looked on the online shop today as I ordered a shirt a while back and the notice was up again saying the warehouse was closed. They said they would be dispatching orders from last Monday I believe, so are they open or closed.
I brought my boy a few items 3 weeks ago. Had an email from the club on Tuesday saying that it has been dispatched.

Crazy situation when you can’t buy stuff, a lot of shops are now opening and here I am unable to get a pair of yellow socks, do the club need the cash or not?

Ordered a couple of the Fred Perry type shirts that were on sale. They arrived this morning. Very pleased with them. Nice material and decent quality.

I also ordered a shirt over a week ago which is still order pending. I'm slightly miffed that Tiger pleaded for us to back the club through the online store yet stocks are low and nobody appears to be there processing them. Very poor service I must say.

I placed an order on May 29th, had an email confirming dispatch on June 8th and received my order on June 13th. 2 happy kids with their kits !

I placed an order on June 1, got an email saying it was placed, but no email about dispatch. Tried to email shop@oufcshop.co.uk (where the email came from) and it got bounced. Hmm. Anyone got good ideas how to contact them (don't really fancy international phone call)?

I placed an order around 3-4 week ago, emailed yesterday to find out the status, they said they are working through the backlog.

I ordered 29 May, dispatch email 10 June, arrived 13 June. Think they’re just working through the backlog.

Ordered a T-shirt on 1 June but not bothered about it not yet arriving. I bought it mainly to support to club so whenever it is processed and delivered is fine by me.

I also ordered a shirt over a week ago which is still order pending. I'm slightly miffed that Tiger pleaded for us to back the club through the online store yet stocks are low and nobody appears to be there processing them. Very poor service I must say.

Have a little consideration for the situation. The shop operation has basically been on hold throughout the time they've been furloughed. They've come back to all the orders that will have been placed during that time including the one-off NHS shirts that sold out and then the big spike in orders following Tiger's words to encourage people to buy. That's in addition to the orders that would have been made anyway. There was narrative within the website articles about extended turnaround times and on 4th June, there was an update saying they'd begin dispatching from Monday 8th which is also when staff returned. This isn't a high street retailer's operation.

I ordered on 29th May and received email yesterday saying it had been dispatched.

Just had my dispatch email come through today for an order from 29th May.

Have a little consideration for the situation. The shop operation has basically been on hold throughout the time they've been furloughed. They've come back to all the orders that will have been placed during that time including the one-off NHS shirts that sold out and then the big spike in orders following Tiger's words to encourage people to buy. That's in addition to the orders that would have been made anyway. There was narrative within the website articles about extended turnaround times and on 4th June, there was an update saying they'd begin dispatching from Monday 8th which is also when staff returned. This isn't a high street retailer's operation.

Exactly. I don't know for certain, but there's a good chance it's just one person who is dealing with orders at the moment. Two at most. It's also worth remembering that Lee Barton is Head of Ticketing (as well as Retail) so his plate has been pretty full since returning to work.

Attachments

• 6C0700EA-CEE2-43A0-B338-85BF76EE130A.gif
    6C0700EA-CEE2-43A0-B338-85BF76EE130A.gif
    67.6 KB · Views: 4
I get there's a backlog, I also get that most staff are currently furloughed and this is not a normal time for anyone, but lets not forget that the online retail side is now the main target revenue stream for the club, so I see no reason why more resource could not be throw at getting orders out from stock. So many other businesses have adapted to the situation, particularly with online sales, but our answer was to completely shut shop and close communication streams. There's no one available to answer query's, also the current online banner message has returned to say that the warehouse is closed, yet I'm sure last weeks message from the club said it was now open. The communications are very poor. this will certainly mean a reduction in potential revenue for the club without doubt as people have been put off.

I had a reply to my email with regards to purchasing stuff for my grandson and it said it was best to wait until the new kit is announced July / August.

I shall take his advice.

I get there's a backlog, I also get that most staff are currently furloughed and this is not a normal time for anyone, but lets not forget that the online retail side is now the main target revenue stream for the club, so I see no reason why more resource could not be throw at getting orders out from stock. So many other businesses have adapted to the situation, particularly with online sales, but our answer was to completely shut shop and close communication streams. There's no one available to answer query's, also the current online banner message has returned to say that the warehouse is closed, yet I'm sure last weeks message from the club said it was now open. The communications are very poor. this will certainly mean a reduction in potential revenue for the club without doubt as people have been put off.

What resource are you wanting them to use? It's not just a case of throwing staff at it, they've got to be able to social distance wherever they are sent to work, the club shop out at the stadium is pretty small when you start adding 2m distancing and associated safe working practices in.

My own personal experience in terms of communication was pretty good. I emailed using the query box on the club shop website, I got a response from Claire Theobald (HR & Operations) advising me that the retail teams were furloughed as was Lee Barton (Head of Ticketing & Retail) but she would make sure it got put on a list to be answered when staff returned. Less than 2 hours into his return on 8th June, a chap called Callum Buck from the club shop had emailed me an answer to my query.

"this will certainly mean a reduction in potential revenue for the club without doubt as people have been put off."
Why would people be put off when it was made clear during the advertising for NHS Shirts and Summer Sale that there would be delays in dispatching orders. If anything, I think the backlog in orders that they're now working through show that it's completely the opposite. The revenue stream has been very well used and Tiger's rallying call has been well met.

Back
Top Bottom