Ref Watch New Timekeeping guidelines

That’s the thing, you can make timewasting a lot less appealing if you just add on any time lost. Look forward to playing Wycombe and having 15-20 minutes added on in the second half!

I expect their approach has changed since Gareth "Shitmaster" Ainsworth left the club.
We'll find out on Saturday if Ainsworth's 'style'* has changed in the PSF v QPR ?

* I reckon he'll still be wearing snakeskin boots, unfashionably long hair and a leather biker jacket?.... dunno about his style of play

Last edited:
The main thing from this is, players, when injured, will need to leave the pitch to receive treatment?
So it appears the trainer comes on to assess the injury, and if not serious, or opponent not received red/yellow card, then has to help the player off the pitch for treatment and play can then continue.

The main thing from this is, players, when injured, will need to leave the pitch to receive treatment?
So it appears the trainer comes on to assess the injury, and if not serious, or opponent not received red/yellow card, then has to help the player off the pitch for treatment and play can then continue.
Yes - if enforced, should stop players constantly falling to the ground for no reason holding a leg and then miraculously recovering whilst the physio hovers on the touchline, all as a ploy to break up play and stop momentum. Bravo to the regulations people here.

I'm glad we've got a calmer seeming manager this season!

Ainsworth unhappy with rule changes....

'Chaos'
1691076298086.png

well, yes. Perhaps it is because of that 'time management' you employed that people thought it might be a good idea to reinforce the timekeeping rules.

Although the time lost getting the ball out of your own net and back to the center circle 5 times a game will eat up loads of time...

What happens to the thames travel buses for the home games which leave 20 minutes after (supposedly) when the game is supposed to end, they never take into account injury time most of the time already.

Also last trains for away games might become more of a struggle, but agree with the new rule.

I think the idea is to jolt the culture of folk like Ainsworth, Graham Westley and Co (and perhaps a certain ex manager of us). It will be painful for a while but might make players and managers think twice about the feigning of injury etc. ( just to state the obvious)

Back
Top Bottom